BestBuy Dec 1, 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jonochui, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jonochui macrumors newbie

So the Macbook Pro retina 13" 2.4/8/256 is on sale 100$ off. (1399$). Just have some questions. If I buy it from BestBuy, if I have problems do I have to go to BestBuy to deal with it or can I go to the Apple Store? Also, can I buy AppleCare at education price (183$) at an Apple Store? Do BestBuy stack the education (50$) onto this sale? Thank you for answering and sorry for the many questions.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/macbook...b2s&siteID=SnlbqrT3b2s-CmzFV1kKShw_aGU0I58dvw

2. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

you can take it to the apple store with problems

unfortunately you can't get applecare at education price unless you buy it at the same time as the macbook

idk about the third one :p

3. jonochui thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I read about B&H selling AppleCare. Guess I will be going with that.

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I can go to the EDU store right now and buy just Applecare, so this is incorrect. Go to the Store, select EDU store, Select Accessories and Applecare is available for $183 direct from Apple with no Macbook in the cart.

5. jonochui thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the AppleCare thing. Tomorrow I am going to try to see if the BestBuy will give the additional education discount with this sale.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

I'm pretty sure the education discount is only valid at Apple.

7. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

a lot of stores have their own discounts for students

----------

my bad

i just looked and over here there is a 15% discount for university students which requires apple care to be purchased at the same time, and the 7.5% discount for college/compulsory school can be purchased separately

it might be different in america

8. jonochui thread starter macrumors newbie

Sale for the 13 inch 8/512 rig for 1599$ which is 200$ off. Now I can't decide.