Bestbuy MBA air issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RUGGLES99, Mar 17, 2015.

1. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

Yesterday i went to bestbuy to buy a 2014 base 13" mba. They matched b&h and amazons low price of $819, but refused to also deduct another 10 percent with the usps movers coupon that i have. I thought that was bs on their part but they claimed for an apple product only one discount, but not two. Any ideas on how to get the additional 10 percent? I thought maybe taking the receipt in with the coupon and asking for the additiinal discount at another bb. Any Ideas.

2. joshlalonde macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

It might be policy not to apply more than one discount? Idk, but that's still a good deal. Try your plan, but it's not a big deal. If you can't afford it then no point in spending money you don't have. Return it until you get the money. If you're just trying to be a penny snatcher then boo you :p

3. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just want to get the LOWEST price possible. It has nithing to do with what I can afford. Boo you for criyicizing, but yes I'm a penny pincher. Apple and bb can afford it..

4. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Them not accepting the 10% coupon doesn't sound right. Look up their terms and conditions in their website and see if the store employees were right or not.

5. ssvsgod macrumors member

Went and bought the 11" today, used a movers coupon as well as a student discount. In addition I brought up price matching Amazon ($10 price difference). Manager said that the other two coupons couldn't be applied on top of a price match.

6. AndroidNmac macrumors newbie

Do all these discounts make it cheaper after paying tax?

I'd typically do a retailer like B&H to avoid tax

7. ssvsgod macrumors member

Nope, got a nice sized discount but still got hit with $50ish worth of tax off the original price

8. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

That is generally how things work with price matching, it's an either-or deal.

9. unplugme71 macrumors 68030

Most stores will not price match and allow a coupon on top of that. Nor do they allow the use of two coupons for the same item.

You can however use reward zone point dollars and a coupon.

----------

Exactly. And they have good customer service for returns/exchanges!

10. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

Pinch pennies all you want, but don't try and justify it that way.

:rolleyes:

11. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can justify it any way I want. Two hugely wealthy companies can afford to give a longtime customer a break on price. What's with you???? wow, mister corporate america?

12. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

You hate corporate America yet you buy products from possibly the most ruthless company there is. :rolleyes:

13. happyfrappy macrumors 6502

When the old household electronics store called Lechmere first started price matching they forbid layering any kind of coupon and many companies maintained that policy. Keep in mind Best Buy doesn't forbid Rewards Zone certificates/double point promos on price matches so you aren't completely hosed.

As far as Best Buy goes, you still get 15% off accessories so ding them with several pricey accessories so they lose more on your price match... I may dislike BB, however they're the only store with fewer restrictions & decent return policy :cool:

Sometimes I wonder if price match complaints are from crazy Fat Wallet/SlickDeals members who want to layer discount upon discount for extreme couponing bragging rights. Someone local pulled such extreme stunts at Staples and managed to get banned from their rewards program :eek:

14. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

What is this "movers discount" I keep seeing mentioned everywhere on MacRumors!?

Am I missing something?

15. siroht macrumors member

Price match and movers coupon can't be accepted via their purchasing system. Been there done that many times. As a matter a fact the movers coupon doesn't work when you price match Best Buy online prices in store. The only way around the BB online price match is to order online (the lower price you want to price match), apply movers coupon code and select pickup in-store. Now I've heard of people applying the movers coupon and .edu discount for a lower price.

16. newellj macrumors 601

There's a coupon in a moving/change of address pack that you can get at the post office that has a 10% BB coupon.

17. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Interesting, I never knew that.

18. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

You are correct about the ruthless. Ironic isn't it,

19. neile45 macrumors regular

20. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

They owe you nothing, and you owe them nothing. What does your comment have to do with pinching pennies? Do you expect the same breaks from your local tax authorities? I'm sure you're a longtime customer...

:rolleyes::cool:

21. newellj macrumors 601

The current coupons are good through 5/30, perfect for that rMB purchase or whatever else is on your short list.

22. motrek macrumors 68020

Is Best Buy hugely wealthy? I thought they were forced to close a bunch of stores over the past couple years.

23. newellj macrumors 601

Heads up on computers at B&H (which I love and have been doing business with for years): computers are returnable only if still in the sealed packaging or if defective. There's no try it and return it like at the Apple Store or BB.

24. brentsg macrumors 68040

If Apple and Best Buy appeased every entitled person that came along, the shareholders would be demanding people's heads.

25. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

entitled????? You've got to be kidding. Just a smart consumer.