BestBuy or Apple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Am Kestrel, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Am Kestrel macrumors newbie

Well if I buy the latest 13 rmbp base model from BB,I would save $150.00 But I would not get one to one,which I think could be useful since I am coming from Windows. I like saving some money,but if I buy from authorized resellers like BestBuy,what can I do & not do as far as support & tech help if I go to a apple retail store? Thanks

2. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Support and tech is the same, main difference is price and options (Apple Store carry the highest spec BTO options for some odd reason but most aren't likely to purchase that). If you're a student, Apple will likely start their Back to School sale on July 1st so I would wait until then if you can. Additionally, during this period, Best Buy tends to increase their student discounts matching very closely to Apple Back to School sale.

3. ApoorvPrem macrumors regular

ApoorvPrem

What kind of extra discounts are available during the back to school sale other than the education pricing? Excuse me but my country doesn't have an apple store.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you can save some money with BB then absolutely, go with them. Your warranty will be the same regardless of where you buy it.

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

If you go Best Buy, make sure to sign up for their rewards program as well, which effectively gets you an additional 2% cash back and, if you spend enough with them (and a laptop gets you most of the way there) extends your return window to between 30-45 days.

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I bought mine at BestBuy at the $2374 price. I also had $60 in reward certificates so I paid $2314 for mine. I can still take it to Apple if I need to for warranty and you can do with an Apple product bought at BestBuy.

I have 45 days to return anything except phones so I still have another two weeks to return my MBP if I want which I will not do.

7. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Usually they match Apple's additional discount giving another $50~$100 off. For example they'll give 5% off in store and for edu accounts send in a coupon for additional $150 off or something like that.

8. ApoorvPrem macrumors regular

ApoorvPrem

Thats awesome! How long does this sale last? I am reaching US mid August. :p