BestBuy Price Increases

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Matrixd, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Matrixd macrumors newbie

This may be old news, but I just came from my local BB and noticed that most of the Apple branded accessories are more than what Apple charges for them! Most aren't huge amounts, but it seems odd since Apple sets the pricing (at least I thought).

Examples:

Mini-DVI to DVI adapter Apple $19 BB $25
    Apple TV Apple $229 BB $249

Anyone have any good reasoning for this??

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

If I recall correctly, those are the old prices for both of those items. Best Buy is horrible about updating the pricing of items in the store. You will find things, like the original iPod Shuffle, that they haven't sold, still priced at the original levels, or the Star Trek DVD sets with their original prices, instead of the current prices that are more than half off.

TEG

3. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

yup... they're first and second generation itouches were the same price at one point. now its like a $20 difference. wtf bestbuy!

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I was looking to buy an Apple TV about a month ago. I had a Best Buy voucher so I went there. The Apple TV was definitely 100% $229. Unfortunately, they were all out of stock.
    My BB voucher expired, so when I bought my Apple TV last week, I got it at the Apple Store. I went by BB first incase they had any deals on. They had the Apple TV back in stock but it was now $249.

BB has put the price up on the Apple TV, no idea why though.