bestbuy to have SL this Friday?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by urmajest, Aug 27, 2009.

1. urmajest macrumors newbie

I called a couple local best buys. They told me that it's not in stores yet;
    it means SL will not be available tomorrow. Is anyone going to buy SL
    at bestbuy tomorrow? Did you check the availability?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Well, since you told me it's not going to be there, I do not think that I will be purchasing it.

However, I would imagine it would vary Best Buy to Best Buy and if Apple does it like they have in the past where they launch it at 6 PM, I'd say Best Buy would probably not have it on sale tomorrow.

3. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

No, our local BB said they wouldn't have stock for a week or so (once Apple is sure they've got their own stores covered).

The 6pm release is a good point as well.

4. creon macrumors 6502

Im curious to why people like Best Buy over the Apple Store. I have heard and read many people talking about going to the Apple Store to purchase a new Mac and SL. Why do you guys go there instead of the Apple Store?

5. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Because it's 15 minutes away and the Apple Store is an hour away.

6. urmajest thread starter macrumors newbie

Simply because Apple store is much far. :mad:

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

Convenience is a huge factor. Best Buy has 5x more stores in the US alone than Apple has worldwide.

8. 1ofthedavids macrumors regular

I've got Premium Silver Reward Zone membership, so I basically get money back for spending money at Best Buy.

9. creon macrumors 6502

Ahhh i see...duh. Never really thought of that. Guess I am lucky to have one 10 mins. away.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm surprised the morons at Best Buy didn't tell you to go to the zoo if you want to see a snow leopard.

11. 1ofthedavids macrumors regular

Heh, yeah.... that's surprising. I'm not really a big fan of their staffing, especially the "geek" squad.... I swear I've overheard some of the stupidest conversations between a geek squad agent and some poor unsuspecting customer... I really hate their tactics, which is why I won't deal with them. All of their "tweaks" and random stuff they try to sell is easily stuff anybody familiar with a PC could do.

12. triscuitbiscuit macrumors member

Also, Best Buy has it for 25 compared to 29... You can get yourself a starbucks drink on the way back!

13. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

This is from their web site. Hard to tell what "In store pickup coming soon" means.

Dale

Attached Files:

14. creon macrumors 6502

My buddy works there on the Geek Squad. He is the dumbest person I have ever met with computers. His response to 90% Windows related is do a "clean install". Can't blame him...but there are much easier ways than doing that!