BestBuy trade-in! Satisfied Customer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by spacepower7, Jan 24, 2012.

1. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

I just wanted to remind people that bestbuy has a great trade in program.

I normally dislike bestbuy but I got a great deal recently via a gift card / store credit.

I got $536 credit for a 2006 2.0 Core2Duo Black MacBook with my own upgrades to 2gb ram and 250 HD. There was no bonus for having a black vs white which the techs thought was weird since the black ones were more expensive and more sought after.

They were going to ding me down from good to fair condition, but their computer process said to give me good condition.

They also let me return and re-buy the MBA I got during Thanksgiving week, apply the new $536 credit to the original purchase rather than being stuck with a gift card. This was an exception because the holiday return policy, but normal return policies would apply.

This was the only good experience I have ever had at bestbuy, actually I'd say it was awesome customer service.

Just wanted to post a heads up.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I picked up one of those Sony universal remotes around Thanksgiving and it didn't quite do all I needed it to do with my LG TV so I ordered the LG remote online. Last week I returned the Sony remote. No questions asked. I think a big part of what builds holiday sales is reasonable return policies. 60 to 90 days is reasonable for complicated tech stuff and 14 days is just insulting. I wind up buying a lot of my tech gear during the holiday season just so I can get treated like a customer rather than a suspect.

Did you pay up front for the trade in program, or is that what they are giving people of the street who walk in with your model of computer? I have a 2008 White Macbook and I'd love to be able to get some money for it when I finally break down and get one of those unibody MBPs.