Bestskinsever and bumper compatibility?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dsking85, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Dsking85 macrumors member

I bought a black bumper with my phone on launch day, but I also ordered a full body skin from bestskinsever.com to supplement the protection and make the screen and back scratch proof. i didn't think about how the bumper would fit with the screen and back protectors on before, but now I'm wondering if it will work properly. Since the edges of the bumper are flexible, i'm assuming it will just slip on right over the added thickness of the film. Anyone tried this yet? I do not want to go to put on the bumper and have it peel off my skin. Thanks!

2. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

I think if you get all the bubbles out and let it settle for a while the bumper will just rest on top...

3. SlamMan macrumors newbie

This.

4. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

5. Dsking85 thread starter macrumors member

Got the front and back skin put on today and they look great! Gonna skip the sides for now and just use the bumper for that. After looking at the installed skin i dont think the bumper will be a problem but ill wait a day or so to put it on. Its such a relief not worrying about scratching this damn thing anymore!

6. SlamMan macrumors newbie

Any pictures?

7. tianh macrumors regular

How does the screen look after installing the BSE?

8. Dsking85 thread starter macrumors member

Bad at first but once the water evaporates and the adhesive dries, maybe 4 hours, it looks great amd you can barely notice its on.

9. gimmeaipod macrumors member

does the bse skin have cutouts for the front camera or rear led flash? i have bought from bse before and noticed the orange peel...how bad is the orange peel on the iphone 4 skin?

10. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Can some1 tell me what exactly is orange peel lol?

11. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Distortion of the screen.

12. Dsking85 thread starter macrumors member

Not really. You can see the orange peel look when you hold it an an angle to the light. It doesnt create any distortion. The BSE has VERY little orange peel effect

13. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I just got my BSE skins today and installed the front skin a 1/2 hour ago. I have a lot of micro-bubbles towards the top for some reason. Usually the larger bubbles dissipate and flatten, but I sure hope these do as well. I'll let it dry overnight before powering up.

I'm holding off on the side and back skins for now since I have an iFrogz case. I like the skin a lot (used on 2G, 3G, and 3GS, but I'm just so concerned about bumping or dropping this i4 that I'll leave the bulky iFrogz case on for now along with the BSE front.

14. AAPLGeek macrumors regular

BSE and Flash

So i was about to order the BSE and noticed it doesn't have a cutout for flash on the back skin?

Can you guys post some pics taken with flash after application of the skin? i'm just worried it might screw up the flash.

15. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Yeah I just got mine today and noticed this. Hopefully it doesn't affect the flash. In general the Flash pics I've taken have sucked anyways. Lol

16. yode macrumors 6502

I ordered a "bumper optimized" full body skin. I noticed that the option is not available anymore. What is the difference? I have not received my skin yet...

17. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Meh i just realised BSE is a wet install >.> What do i have to do for a dry install front and back film set?!?!

18. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Can anyone confirm if the bumper is messing up the front or rear protectors ?

19. Dsking85 thread starter macrumors member

mine doesn't

20. theturtle macrumors 6502a

so it really doesnt have the flash cut out?

21. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Nope.

22. dork420 macrumors regular

can you just cut one out? or is that stupid. I was about to pull the trigger on this. I bet it won't make much difference.

23. theturtle macrumors 6502a

i just dont like how i have to wet the back and then cover the camera hole. gets me paranoid liquid will do something to the camera.

24. yozh macrumors 6502

So I put the front skin on and after about 14 hours of letting it dry I put the bumper on. For some reason along the edges of the bumper I have little white bubbles very small, but driving me nuts. Also I notice that some times bumpers pull up the skins a bit on the edges. So I'm wondering why the bubbles come from.