bestskinsever for early 2011 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blulegend, Mar 6, 2011.

1. blulegend macrumors regular

Does anyone know when they will release the skin for the early 2011 15" and 13"? Or do the 2010 ones fit?

2. jdwagner888 macrumors regular

only internal changes were made. so it should be the same.

3. altecXP macrumors 65816

It's the same body, so the same skins will work.

4. Miss Terri macrumors 6502

I just purchased and put a bestskinsever on my 2010 MBP 13" a few days ago.

I realize that their website says the skin will not fit the 2011 13" model, and it's good that they are making sure they are correct, but I cannot see why it would not fit.

(You don't say what size computer you are thinking of putting it on; I only know about the 13")

From what I can tell, the Thunderbolt port is piggybacked into an existing port (that is on the 2010) so I cannot see what would have changed.

IF, there were some slight movement of the ports on the left side, it would be very very easy to modify the skin to fit. I say this because the skin does not cover the port area itself. There is simply a strip that runs along the front edge and then wraps around the side and ends about 1/8" before the headphone port. It is a "square," blunt end with slightly rounded corners. It would be pretty easy to cut it with scissors, I think. BUT, I don't think the ports have actually moved?

If I had a 2011 13" MBP, I would not hesitate to order the skin for the 2010 13" MBP.

AlphaDogg wrote a nice review of the bestskinsever which I posted to after I installed the skin, if you care to look it up.

Miss Terri

5. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

It will fit without having to cut or modify it. They just do not want to write that it fits until they verify it for themselves but it does.

6. blulegend, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

blulegend thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone! I have both the 13 (my wife's) and at 15 (mine) so I need both. I sent them an email to ask what the deal is since that disclaimer worries me before spending almost $60 on some clear plastic.