BestSkinsEver to protect aluminum bottom from scratches

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jjk454ss, Jun 26, 2014.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Every MacBook I've had always end up scratched on the bottom, the little rubber feet just don't keep it high enough off the table. I just got a new 13" MacBook Air so I decided I'd purchase a BestSkinsEver skin just to avoid the scratches. For $20 it's well worth it to me to avoid these scratches. It arrived rather quickly even with the free shipping option. Install was fairly easy, I just wish it can with a bottle of solution since I couldn't find a spray bottle to use. I ended up just pouring it onto the skin and rubbing it around with my fingers which worked just fine. Fit is perfect, all the screws are still accessible so if I need to remove the rear cover I can do it without removing and then needing to replace the skin.

Tip: Use plenty of solution, makes install very easy

Overall very happy with the skin, and even more so that I can use my MacBook Air without always looking for something to place under it to avoid scratches:D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Sorry that this is going to sound really petty, but does it cheapen the feel of the Air? My Air is yet to arrive but others I have used be it Airs of Pros when carrying or holding them the full aluminium enclosure always felt nice to hold. How would you say this skin impacts on the over all feel of the MacBook?

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I like it better, it actually is easier to grip, but still feels solid.

4. SmOgER macrumors 6502a

This may sound ignorant, but who cares about those little scratches on the BOTTOM of the laptop? :)
    I'd rather have those than a plastic/rubber covering the whole bottom. Just my 5 cents. ;)

5. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Interesting to hear u say it feels better to hold. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm regards to why care? Well it's a pretty expensive pice of equipment that within reason I and many others will want to try and keep it as good looking and in the best condition possible with minimum messing around. I'm not committing to buy one, I wanted to know what effect it had. People also look for these scratches on resale and there are some crazies out there that will want £50 off the value because it's cosmetically "damaged".

6. Mac.User macrumors 6502

7. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

The resale is a big thing to me, Id much rather sell as "like new" than "ok with scratches all over the bottom"

8. iterva, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014

iterva macrumors regular

BSE are great. Got the full body skin for my MBA and the skin has been installed since August of last year. Zero issues so far.