bestskinsever with bumper - photos

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by offcamber, Jul 5, 2010.

1. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Went back to bestskins (total body) after installing Zagg on my 3G and I'm pleased.
    There is a slight orange peel effect but I have not found any helicopter tape type product that does not do this to some degree. It is a non issue when the screen is on. Waiting on a revised design that does not cover the flash.
    Bestskinsever are supposed to send it free if you got an original shipped before the redesign.
    What I really love about these skins is their self healing ability. Pick up some scuffs on the skin and within minutes or overnight they disappear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. asr10 user macrumors regular

What did you use for solution? Was getting the bumper on a tight fit? Do the sides cover 100%?

3. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502a

im using the Zagg IS and the bumper and mine has started peeling on the back in the top corners.

really annoying :mad:

4. offcamber thread starter macrumors 6502

offcamber

I used a drop of dish washing soap in warm water. I dunk the skins in the solution.
    Bumper fits fine.
    The side pieces cover 97% of the sides. The volume buttons and the space between them are not protected. Use a bumper for 100% coverage.

Tip: Don't apply bumper too soon after you install the skin. This could cause a shift or wrinkles while the skin is trying to cure.

5. Vinny1967 macrumors member

Installed my BSE rear film yesterday and I'm really impressed with it.
    The 'orange peel' effect can only be noticed when viewing a reflection from an angle, and since it's on the back it's a non-issue.

However, I'm still undecided whether or not to install the front film.
    Can anyone that's installed the front one please comment on how it affects screen viewing.

I had one of these on my 3G, but because the screen wasn't fantastic it didn't bother me.
    Problem is that the iPhone 4 is so spectacular I want to impact this as little as possible.

6. bobright macrumors 601

It isn't bad, however I did have to turn up my brightness just a tad but I'm sure thats expected with most shields. The screen is no longer bare so you lose some brightness.

7. offcamber thread starter macrumors 6502

offcamber

Revised skin UPDATE

Bestskinsever sent me confirmation (Thur July 7th) that the revised flash cut-out skins are shipping. No cost to me!
    Nice customer service.

8. cello2456 macrumors regular

I applied my first Best Skins Ever yesterday to both front and back. They both look just awful. I followed the instructions correctly, but both sides look like they have something stuck on parts of them under the skin. I am hoping that maybe this is just residual air from the application process. There are no bubbles to remove, but maybe the adhesive still needs to set up? The parts that are clear look awesome so I really hope the rest will improve. Maybe I need to go back to dry application protectors. :confused:

9. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

it will improve mine did the same thing give it a couple of days.:D

10. bobright macrumors 601

That usually means = not wet enough

11. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

Mine did the same from BSE. I've installed over 20 of these things. Only thing I can think of was my soap but I used the same on my 3 previous iPhones.

It just never dried correctly and looked terrible :(

12. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

I'd give it 2-3 days. The first day it looked perfect, then a bubble popped up somehow on the 2nd day and by the 3rd day it was completely gone. Give it some time and if it doesn't cure well see what they can do about getting you a replacement skin.