Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
hi all I removed the beta profile from my phone , will I still get the release version of this or do I need to keep the profile ?
Also I still have the feedback app on my phone , any suggestions ? Thanks

HallStevenson

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2012
The "release" version will almost certainly be the last "beta" version that they push out so there's no worry there about being current. In fact, within a short time of the "release" version coming out, you are likely to see an update for 10.3.4 (beta) if you kept the beta profile.

Odd that the feedback remained. You sure you removed the profile ? Did you reboot after removing it ?

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Yes I rebooted and I also re installed the profile and removed again ,

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
The "release" version will almost certainly be the last "beta" version that they push out so there's no worry there about being current. In fact, within a short time of the "release" version coming out, you are likely to see an update for 10.3.4 (beta) if you kept the beta profile.

Odd that the feedback remained. You sure you removed the profile ? Did you reboot after removing it ?
The release version will not "almost certainly" be the last beta version. While Apple has done that a few times in the past, they don't typically do that. If you look at the build number, beta 4 indicates that it is still a beta build number as it contains the number "5" and the revision letter. The "5" means "not for public release". If the feedback app remained while the profile was uninstalled, it means it still a beta build. I have had this happen while testing iOS 10.1

Here is an explanation of build numbers.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...culation-thread.2027218/page-32#post-24378406
[doublepost=1498661109][/doublepost]
Yes I rebooted and I also re installed the profile and removed again ,
OP, you will still get the final release, without the profile, when it is pushed out by Apple in the next couple of weeks, the build number will be different and it will remove the feedback app.

Last edited:

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Ok that makes sense so than would I get the final release of 10.3.5 once its live as long as I remove the profile correct ?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ok that makes sense so than would I get the final release of 10.3.5 once its live as long as I remove the profile correct ?
Yes. Once the final is released, and you have no profile installed or no other update downloaded in General -> Storage, then software update will only show you 10.3.3 final.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
One last thing , so I removed profile and I still see in software update iOS 11 is there a way to remove it once 10.3.3 is live it will show up instead

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
One last thing , so I removed profile and I still see in software update iOS 11 is there a way to remove it once 10.3.3 is live it will show up instead
If you have removed the iOS 11 profile, and rebooted, and still see the update. Go to settings -> Storage and make sure it didn't download. If its there, delete it, and it should go away. Then once 10.3.3 goes final, you will only see that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.