iPhone Beta 13.1 or wait for 13 GM on the 19th

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
105
9
Ohio
Hi folks,

So, I’ve been running the beta on my old iPhone and really like it.

Currently on latest version 13.1 public beta

What I’m trying to figure out is if I would be better off putting the iOS 13 GM that will be released on my primary device or, install the beta profile. I guess I’d like to find out which one is more stable.

From everything I’ve seen, both still have some bugs and a more stable version of 13.1 will be released to the general public at the end of the month anyway. I am absolutely fine with waiting but, if I were 13 is going to be rough in the theater will be more smooth I’d rather go that route.

Thanks!
 

Donnation

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
750
714
I personally think 13.1 is better than the 13 GM. I have a lot less bugs and don't really see hardly any issues with the current 13.1 Beta.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JSENNY25

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
105
9
Ohio
I personally think 13.1 is better than the 13 GM. I have a lot less bugs and don't really see hardly any issues with the current 13.1 Beta.
Thanks for the reply.

I’m thinking I may go the 13.1 beta route
[doublepost=1568765843][/doublepost]
I didn't many issues with 13 on either XR or iPP 11. Same experience on both devices with 13.1 b3. 13.1 has been very solid for me.
Sounds good. Since the test iPhone was used on the betas it will be nice to try it out on a newer (XS) model.
 

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2012
336
147
I installed the 13 GM last night and my Instagram has been broken since. I can’t get any push notifications at all.

I am strongly considering doing the 13.1 beta to see if it fixes it. I’ve literally done everything possible and it seems I’m the only one having this issue with Instagram
 

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
105
9
Ohio
I believe 13.1 will be released on the 30th. I haven’t had any problems with the GM or 13.1 betas.

Yep. Looking forward to the 30th. I have an iPad Pro 11 that I am excited to put through its paces. I use it daily and have a lot of ports/peripherals that I am interested in trying... I just never got around to installing the beta (and I use it professionally so I needed it reliable).
 

Dwood1970

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
260
164
I installed the 13 GM last night and my Instagram has been broken since. I can’t get any push notifications at all.

I am strongly considering doing the 13.1 beta to see if it fixes it. I’ve literally done everything possible and it seems I’m the only one having this issue with Instagram
That’s only going to be fixed when instagram updates their app for compatibility with iOS 13
 

Dwood1970

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
260
164
I hope that’s the case, so far literally everyone I’ve talked too has not had any push notification issues on the app
Most of the apps I’m seeing are just now starting to come thru with iOS 13 compatibility updates. I’m sure it will be fine but I’m sure that’s gonna be broken whether it’s 13 or 13.1
 

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2012
336
147
Most of the apps I’m seeing are just now starting to come thru with iOS 13 compatibility updates. I’m sure it will be fine but I’m sure that’s gonna be broken whether it’s 13 or 13.1
Yeah I’m going to hold off on updating to 13.1. Hopefully it fixes itself when I set up my 11 Pro when it comes on Friday. I just don’t want this bug to carry over
 

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
105
9
Ohio
Most of the apps I’m seeing are just now starting to come thru with iOS 13 compatibility updates. I’m sure it will be fine but I’m sure that’s gonna be broken whether it’s 13 or 13.1

Exactly

Good point though!
 

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
105
9
Ohio
I keep asking myself the same question haha

no patience I guess!
I guess it’s less of a ‘I need it now’ and more of a ‘which one is more stable’... I have read conflicting reports on 13.0 vs 13.1 stability and since I do have the ability to install the beta or wait for the GM I figured I’d pick some of your fine peoples brains.
 

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2012
336
147
I guess it’s less of a ‘I need it now’ and more of a ‘which one is more stable’... I have read conflicting reports on 13.0 vs 13.1 stability and since I do have the ability to install the beta or wait for the GM I figured I’d pick some of your fine peoples brains.
Truthfully I think I was most worried about getting used to losing 3D Touch so I wanted to try it before getting the new one. I figured with the GM I’d be safer.

I just hope they update the app or it fixes itself when I move over to the new phone.
 

Sorig

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2017
114
75
Truthfully I think I was most worried about getting used to losing 3D Touch so I wanted to try it before getting the new one. I figured with the GM I’d be safer.

I just hope they update the app or it fixes itself when I move over to the new phone.
3D touch is still there on my XS Max 13.0GM.
 

one more

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2015
1,148
955
Earth
IMHO, a better way now is going with iOS 13.1 beta, since there will only be 11 days gap between iOS 13.0 and iOS 13.1 public releases.

In the meantime, you should have another iOS 13.1 beta or two, so can enjoy seeing it get better.

For apps compatibility, there is such a little difference between the two iOS variants, that all the apps fine-tuned for iOS 13.0 should run on iOS 13.1 just fine.

Or, if you want a total zenitude for your main device, do not install any betas on it at all and just update it after 30 Sep, when iOS 13.1 is out for all.
 

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
105
9
Ohio
So I did end up installing 13.1 on my XS, and man, it is nice! I knew I was going to enjoy most all the features but it is definitely different on your “daily driver”.
 

Dwood1970

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
260
164
So I did end up installing 13.1 on my XS, and man, it is nice! I knew I was going to enjoy most all the features but it is definitely different on your “daily driver”.
Yep I have it too. My guess is that the GM will be next week.