Beta 2 Battery going fast

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ncaissie, Jun 20, 2014.

1. ncaissie macrumors 6502a

ncaissie

It used to be I get up at 6AM and when I put the phone on the charger at 8PM it would be 90% or %40 at the lowest (if I used it all day.)
    It's 9:20 AM and it's at 23%. :(
    It wasn't like this in Beta one.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

But it will be like this all summer. Result will vary, just like they did last year and the year before and the year before that.

http://www.techterms.com/definition/beta_software

Something works now, it may not in the next update but magically will again in the 3rd beta.

3. Jeeg macrumors member

Same here, my iPad Air battery will drain 100-2% in 13 hours when the device was on locked and on stand by.

Battery usage consisted of home and lock screen 100%.

4. krypto909 macrumors member

krypto909

Ive noticed my battery drains about 2-3 faster from a full charge to no charges on iOS 8 beta 2 :(

5. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

If current trends continue iOS 8 should be able to suck the life out of my phone in 10 seconds flat by the release version. Quite an achievement!

6. Slipstream29 macrumors newbie

Try this OP, this is straight from the iOS 8 Beta 2 release notes:

Battery Life

Known Issue
    Extensive console logging of NCLaunchstats may be a cause of reduced battery life.

Workaround: Launch Notification Center, then reboot the device.

I've been getting better battery life with beta 2 than with beta 1. I have a 5S.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are no trends really, just beta versions and all kinds of different installs and experiences people have with them. Doesn't say much about the experience the vast majority will have when the final version is released to the public.

8. Sharkey311 Suspended

I noticed when I shared my location with someone in messages app all day it drained the battery significantly. Not sure how they'll fix that one

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

How dare you bring logic and accurate information here! Most folks just want to talk about how it doesn't work! :D

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

The battery life always takes a hit when they introduce new features like this. I think we'll see an OS-wide battery optimization before the end of the beta process like in the past. But it just makes sense to keep in mind that the more things we ask the phone to do, the more battery it's gonna use up.

11. ncaissie thread starter macrumors 6502a

ncaissie

I know its a Beta! Some of you guys are so Crabby! don't bother replying to the problem threads if you don't want to contribute.

I was just seeing if anyone else was having the issue and if they had a fix.
    Thanks Slipstream29.

I thought it may be facebook or some app.

I have the Beta to help the OS along. If you don't then don't comment.

Thanks

12. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

The battery life does seem pretty bad so far. But in years past I have always heard they have extra logging and debug information in the betas and that can result in worse battery life. In theory once the GM comes around, battery life should get alot better... I dont know how much truth is in this thought though :confused:

13. Wrong Turn macrumors member

Actually, i would consider it being fairly good battery life considering its a beta.
    Yosemite DP2 on the other hand, now that's a record breaker...

14. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

Sms

Was it just Beta 1 or Beta 2also there is capability to send a voice mail because if its in beta 2 I dont see It .

15. MacCreepy macrumors newbie

I have the same problem here too. The battery is drain very fast with this update. :-( I hope they will fix it.

Greetings,
    MacCreepy

16. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Home screen kills mine the most. It's just optimization. They'll get it right by September.

Attached Files:

17. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

Agreed. And it seems battery usage always gets better with each beta. I bet we could find a thread from each iOS beta using too much battery.

18. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

As long as it's not like beta 2 last year, I ain't complaining!

19. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

Hmmm, I dont recall last year being that bad. I was actually thinking this was the worst year yet, lol :)