Beta 2 Data usage

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Armen, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I have a 6GB Data plan with Verizon. On average I range between 3-4GB of usage per month.

On iOS 8 Beta 2 I hit 5.6GB this month just with my normal usage patterns. So be careful those of you who do not have unlimited data.

(It may just be me but I'm putting it out there).

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

What caused you to hit those limits? iOS breaks it down for you under the cellular settings. A screenshot would be most helpful.

3. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

I have no idea. Unfortunately due to stability issues I rolled back to 7.1.1 and then got popped with a 90% data usage alert the next day.

4. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

Interesting. I wonder if this was statistics and logging being sent to Apple from the Beta to help them out. Hopefully someone else can chime in and report if they are having the same issue.

5. admmasters macrumors newbie

Yep - same issue for me - went through over 500 mb in a few days... rolled back for the same reasons. The cellular data usage appeared under System Services.

6. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Same happened to me. Apps for which I turned off cellular data were using cellular data anyway.

7. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

It is a beta, of course it might cause you run more data. Stop complaining. Everything will be fine after final release.

Just kidding. What were you doing. You are almost 2GB over normal usage. Maybe you watching to much world cup?

8. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

I'm ok with it running more data but 2GB was a bit extreme for the short time I kept Beta 2 installed. I dunno, maybe something looped and kept downloading over and over.

----------

Ok so it wasn't just me. Good to know.

----------

I get this text from Verizon "90% usage!" I was like what the heck? :eek:

9. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

I got an alert from AT&T yesterday that my data usage was through the roof as well. I am going back to 7.1.1 as we speak.

10. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

Any idea on what is causing the usage? Can you look at the statistics?

11. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

No, it's not just you im on Verizon and some way went over my data this month too. I am usually under 2 GB per month. This month I am on the higher end of 3gb. I still have a little over a week to go. Nothing about my usage activity has changed .

12. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

Well I hope no one gets a nasty data overage bill due to a bug in Beta 2.

13. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Well, my, admittedly, rather meager contingent of 200 MB got "burned through" rather quickly too, and the culprit in my case was Spotify. It seems like the in-app setting not to sync over 2G/3G didn't work, so I disabled mobile data usage for Spotify inside the Cellular settings, which has now stoop the issue.