Beta 2 slide to unlock bug

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chaldean, Jun 27, 2013.

1. chaldean macrumors member

Ive noticed when my battery gets under 20% it will no longer slide to unlock. Nothing fixes this besides plugging the phone back into the charger to get to the green level. Is there a fix for this? such as hard reset or is that not even worth my time

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Do you have Siri? You can unlock from in Siri.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like something similar/related to touchscreen issues mentioned at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17505372

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Haven't noticed this on my 4S. What iPhone are you using?

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

What's happening is that iOS has popped up a message box for you to click ok to such as "your battery is at 20%". The problem is that damn box is stuck in the background and is not visible and since you can't click ok to it the rest of the system is waiting for your ok before the touch screen responds again.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It happened with me, when I turned on Switch Control. As soon as I turned it on, I was not able to click the box I was supposed to. After depressing the home button four times, it closed, or I thought it had. When the phone went to lock screen, I couldn't get it to unlock for several minutes, no matter what. It released on its own. I did a refresh restore, once I could get back in my phone, just to make sure everything was as it was, before I had my problem.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Yep. It happened to me on the Appstore. I was downloading an app that was Age 17+ and as soon as I clicked download the 17 restriction window popped up as I hit home and I couldnt get back. the whole screen didnt react to touch.

8. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

That's why you don't mess with that feature unless you know what you're doing. A box highlights a different section in 2 second intervals.

Watch the video on technobuffalo to see how it works.