Beta 2 stable enoguh to be daily driver?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Luuthian, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Luuthian macrumors member

I used iOS7 last year from Beta 1 all the way to the end and it ran great on my phone (minus the eBay app not working for half the time, but meh).

Is IOS8 Beta 2 good enough to be used as a daily driver yet? Or is it still super buggy?

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I don't think so. I had to roll back to 7.1.1 which sucks because I do really like the features in 8. When beta 3 comes out might try again.

3. MountainJew macrumors member

MountainJew

No. Most people (myself included) have experienced an issue in which the A1428 model iPhone would fall to "3G", cutting off all data connectivity until a reset. It's less stable than Beta 1, in my opinion.

4. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

I do but your mileage may vary and it depends on what your level of pain tolerance is.

I have a friend install it and went to a wedding in Vegas over the weekend. Everytime he took a photo his phone crashed. So he's probably tell you no way!

Beta 2 is still pretty buggy. It's actually more unstable for me than beta 1 was. Of the 27 bugs I've opened, 16 are still open although none of them are show stoppers. The general instability is pretty high with this seed.

If it's your primary device (I know it's not supposed to be...blah blah blah...but a lot of us "developers" like myself don't actually have a dedicated device for testing), my advise is wait till Beta 3 (hopefully early next week) and do a fresh install.

5. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

I think the consensus around here is that beta 2 is no where near ready to daily drive. Far too many critical bugs...

6. infernohellion macrumors 6502

When it screws up anything related to normal phone usage, I see it as "unable" automatically. In my case, picking up a call is sometimes impossible. Contacts do not all appear.

So I would say no. But would still give it a try again once Beta 3 comes out.

7. Luuthian thread starter macrumors member

Crrraaap. Thanks everyone :).

I was iffy on it anyways since I've only got an iPhone 5 and older devices always seem to have more problems.

Guess I'll wait like everyone else.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

There are still some apps that aren't fully working, but the biggest annoyance is all the random resets of settings. This is at the top of my list of unstable betas. But this is a beta and is expected to be buggy.

9. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

The problem isn't the iPhone 5, as it runs this quite well, its the beta itself. (A lot of bugs like apps logging you out, Cellular not working, Emoji broken, Location Services turning itself off, Audio Crashes, Siri turning off, Battery % not showing when on...etc) iPhone 5 dare I say runs iOS 8 beta faster than 7.1.1 (multitasking and app opening seems a lot faster)

10. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

i have beta 2 running on my 5S, but it is very buggy. I almost want to say Beta 1 was more stable

11. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

12. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Beta 2 ios 8 is behind where beta 1 ios was in my mind.