Beta 2 upgrade procedure?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 87am, Jun 24, 2011.

1. 87am macrumors regular

It's seems like there are a lot of questions about how to update. Can someone please let us know the order. Is it iOS then iTunes? Or vice versa?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

doesn't it say on the apple developers site?

3. DLyman macrumors member

Yes, it does :) And people may want to pay attention to the instructions to avoid a headache that can happen if done wrong...

4. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

1. Backup iPhone with iTunes Beta 1
    2. Install iTunes Beta 2
    3. Restore iPhone to iOS 5 Beta 2
    4. Restore from backup
    5. ???
    6. Profit?!

5. shandyman Suspended

itunes then iOS, tho if you want to restore from a beta 1 backup, you must backup on beta 1 itunes first as beta 2 itunes does not sync with beta 1 iOS5.

would be more thorough but it's 2am and i'm killing time whilst it installs lol

6. bljy macrumors newbie

problem restoring

i followed the instructions exactly,

however, now that I'm at iOS 5 beta 2, with iTunes 10.5 beta 2, i can't restore from my backup while still on iOS 5 beta 1 and iTunes 10.5 beta 1!

i get the message, iTunes could not restore the iPad because the backup was corrupt or is not compatible with the iPad that is being restored.

hope someone can help. thanks!

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Its possible something interrupted the backup process. Has happened to me just on regular restores. Sadly there is nothing that I know of which will uncorrupt the backup.. Youll have to start fresh.

8. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

the update is the perfect occasion to try out iCloud backup / restore, if you ask me.

that's what i did, and it's awesome ;)

9. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Itunes 10.5 beta 2 not working correctly in Windows 7??

Hey guys, after I upgraded to Itunes 10.5 beta 2 on my Windows pc, and upgraded to iOS 5 beta 2 on my Wifi Ipad 2, Itunes is very laggy, and doesn't respond. Any fix for this? I've tried uninstalling it, rebooting it, reinstalling it, then reinstalling iOS 5 beta 2 on my Wifi Ipad 2, but same issues.

10. shandyman Suspended

yea mine is a bit like that, it's annoying, but that's what we get for playing with beta. i just stick it out and it gets there. Beta 1 was more stable