Beta 2 wifi issue? No popup to join

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
My work wifi (a hospital) always has a page popup when you connect to wifi to"accept terms and conditions" to join the wifi network.
Since beta 2, it no longer pops up for me. It just says its connected to wifi, but it doesn't load anything or do anything.
My friends at work, their iphone 7(ios10) and google pixel get that popup to join

adrianlondon

macrumors 68000
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Earlier today I connected to a public WiFi network that also had a page like that, and it worked fine (iOS11 ß2). Maybe try doing a "forget network" on it and try to join again - I sometimes have to do that regardless of the iOS version.

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
Earlier today I connected to a public WiFi network that also had a page like that, and it worked fine (iOS11 ß2). Maybe try doing a "forget network" on it and try to join again - I sometimes have to do that regardless of the iOS version.
I have done the forget network
reset network settings
reboot phone

all of it

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 68000
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I wonder if it's an issue with the new (and slightly flaky) Auto-Join option in the network settings. Make sure it's set to "on". Also, do you have a certificate (loaded via a profile) for this network? if so, delete the profile and reboot.

Also, and I'm clutching at straws now, turn off the "WiFi Assist" feature that means your phone fails over to 3G/4G if it thinks the wifi isn't fast enough.

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
I’ve tried everything.
So annoying not having wifi at work.
Found issues with previous IOS that people had the same problem. Their fixes didn’t work for me.
I got this pop up the other day. That’s has far as I’ve got

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
Yup!
I’ve spent probably a solid 2.5 hours googling and trying stuff

I’m going to try a full system restore and see if that fixes it.

Reactions: adrianlondon

thederby

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2007
Austin, TX
I run into that every once in a while. when it happens, I just use a different browser (chrome) to access the captive portal page.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
I have a similar page on our work's guest network and I haven't been getting the pop up page to accept the terms either. Was working before the PB on my mini 4. Tried the network reset etc. and nothing. Have been using a different network so haven't tried any further troubleshooting but it does appear to be an issue.

hancox

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2011
I also had this issue on PB1 - will check if fixed for me tomorrow, but good news!

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
Try http://example.com and see if it forces the login screen (you might have to enter the address manually to get away from Macrumors’ link redirect). This may be an https associated issue, common in hotels as well. A non-https site will sometimes trigger the login page to show up.

RealMonster

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
PB1 was fine, but I’m having PB2 drop connection randomly. Sometimes it comes back after a few seconds (and the wifi icon is still there) and sometimes it drops and doesn’t come back (no wifi icon, requires a reboot).

Even worse, the feedback app is broken and won’t submit anything for me. It tells me that’s info is missing and breaks every time I try to submit.

This is not a great beta release.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
PB1 was fine, but I’m having PB2 drop connection randomly. Sometimes it comes back after a few seconds (and the wifi icon is still there) and sometimes it drops and doesn’t come back (no wifi icon, requires a reboot).

Even worse, the feedback app is broken and won’t submit anything for me. It tells me that’s info is missing and breaks every time I try to submit.

This is not a great beta release.
Have you tried a reset all settings? This seems to fix a lot of these niggly issues.

RealMonster

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
Have you tried a reset all settings? This seems to fix a lot of these niggly issues.
No dice. It disconnected while I was setting up my Apple ID, I literally disconnected 10 times while entering my password to this forum, and it took 3 page reloads to just get as far as this response. And feedback is still broken.

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
No dice. It disconnected while I was setting up my Apple ID, I literally disconnected 10 times while entering my password to this forum, and it took 3 page reloads to just get as far as this response. And feedback is still broken.
Had this problem at a couple of locations with PB1. No problems with PB2.

Fontvnilla

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Had this problem with beta 2 but I believe it has now been fixed in beta 3. I couldn't connect to Starbucks wifi because the popup would not appear. What I did was accessed the router in Safari by typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. This opened the popup and I was able to join.