Beta 3: iPhone 6s Plus running hot while charging

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by brosenz, Jul 30, 2016.

1. brosenz macrumors regular

brosenz

After I installed Beta 3 I have noticed that the iPhone 6s Plus is always warm/hot when I am going to remove it from the charger (Apple white dock) the next morning, it never did it before Beta 3, with Beta 1 and 2 and iOS 9.3.X, any idea what could be the cause? Thanks

NOTE: I've tried different docks, cables and AC adapter, all genuine Apple accessories

2. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

I'm not sure what causes it but I have the same problem on my iPad Air 2.

3. thenobody macrumors member

I have the same problem since beta 3.
    Gets always hot charging. It's a terrible beta version and hope beta 4 fixed it.

I started a thread about this before also.

4. freeskier93 macrumors 6502

For me it seems to be an app running in the background that causes the issue. If I kill all the apps before going to bed it doesn't get hot while charging. In other words it's the CPU getting hot and not the battery.

I've participated in all the betas and this seems to be the buggiest start. Safari is pretty laggy and the latest build has broken USB connectivity with my car stereo.

5. thenobody macrumors member

Closing apps for me doesn't help the issues.
    I close all apps when charging and still the same heating. Using an iPhone 6 by the way.
    But I would think some apps do make it worse. Be good to know if any apps in particular. I always shutdown Facebook as that's a really troubling app.
    The heat definite in the top half in the middle and would agree it's probably the CPU instead as the phone gets hot also when using it in the sun.
    iOS 10 is so very buggy and I've never seen previous betas that breaks so many apps.

6. Danny182 macrumors member

I have the same problem.
    I'm worried that it doesn't stop charging when it gets to 100%.
    Anyone tried to reset settings ?

7. stevenbeerbaum macrumors newbie

Resetting network settings helped for me (iPhone 6 Plus) :)

8. anon.guy macrumors regular

Maybe you have an iphone with a samsung chip, my 6s gets hot too on 9.3.3 while charging. I had a 6s with a tsmc chip and it was fine on 9.3.3 and 10 beta 3 but after I replaced it and received one with a samsung chip, it started to get hot.

9. fisherking, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

yikes, just discovered this. my iphone se is really hot charging; scary. hope this is sorted out asap...

EDIT: actually, my phone was extremely hot for a short time... maybe some app or function running? was much better later same night. still... VERY hot for a while.

10. Kelowna77 macrumors member

Mine gets hot now while charging too. Since the last couple betas. iPhone 6s

11. thenobody macrumors member

Beta 4 has vastly improved this for me.
    I wouldn't call it an issue any more and it rarely now gets hot (iPhone 6)