iPad Beta 3 really buggy on iPad 4, fine on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by stooovie, Jul 16, 2013.

1. stooovie macrumors 6502a

Beta 3 is very buggy and glitchy, especially compared to the same build on my i5. Rotation bugs, slow keyboard, glitchy graphics.. Is thhis your experience as well?

Also, iCloud tabs seem not to be implemented at all.

Seems to me iPad development is really way behind is time.

2. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Some insider reports regarding iOS 7 at WWDC indicated that Apple was concentrating very heavily on iPhone which is why the iPad version came 2 weeks later. I wouldnt be surprised if the iPad versions were a tafd unstable at release or they delay the iPad version of iOS 7 a few weeks.

It would make some sense for them to release the iPhone 5S in late August or early September with iOS 7 and then tell everyone the iPad version is coming later. Then they have another event in October to release iPad 5 and iOS 7 for iPad.

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

That was certainly my experience with beta 2, so much so that I rolled back to 6. Haven't re-upgraded yet.

4. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Beta 3 on my iPad mini is pretty good - way better than beta 2.

Not sure why iPad 4 is so buggy for you...if you did an OTA install of beta 3, try a clean install.

5. stooovie thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, this is a clean install. Was glitchy and buggy even BEFORE I restored the backup of previous 6.1 install.

Things like glitchy multitasking gestures and the general choppiness are really not a good sign for a third beta.

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Technically it's the second iPad beta.