[Beta 4] AirPlay with mirroring?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Plazmotech, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Plazmotech macrumors newbie

I've got an Apple TV. I really need to do airplay with mirroring to it. However, when using the airplay thing, it does not give me the option to select mirroring.

How can this be accomplished? Many thanks.

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

First off, you need to make sure Airplay is enabled in ATV settings
    Secondly, you may need to be on ATV Beta Software as well for this to work

3. Plazmotech thread starter macrumors newbie

What about doing this with airserver / reflection?

4. airbelchris macrumors regular

i would love to know how to enable airplay on my phone

5. KattDaDon, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013

KattDaDon macrumors 6502

You do not need to be running a beta version to get airplay mirroring on your phone. You need to make sure you have airplay on your Apple TV and be on a support airplay mirroring iPhone which I believe starts from the iPhone 4 or 4S and up I think but after you turn on airplay on your iPhone on to your Apple TV it should give you an option under it saying airplay mirroring which would be off by default but all you would need to do is to turn it on

----------

To turn it on double tap your home button scroll over to the music volume control and you should see a tv logo next to your volume. Make sure your Apple TV is on and have airplay on to get this working on your iPhone but when you select the tv logo select it and select your Apple TV name. On iOS 7 it would be different by swiping up to bring up the control center menu and select Airplay and your Apple TV name and under your Apple Tv name would be the airplay mirroring option... Oh I forget to mention to make sure your Apple TV is the latest version Apple TV 2 or 3 as older Apple TV's does not support Airplay and also make sure your on the supported version update that support Airplay

6. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

I am mirroring fine running iOS 7 b4 on my iphone and old apple tv software.

7. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

So the mirroring on/off is on the airplay target selection menu from the control panel? I don't recall seeing it but that would be a much better place for it than dclick and scroll x times and touch little arrow secret handshake crap from ios 6. Ill check it this evening and confirm for the op.

8. airbelchris macrumors regular

i must be missing something. i dont see my airplayy options on ios7 im trying to use airserver to ge to my mac

9. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

If you are using 3rd party software.. that may be where the problem is.

10. KattDaDon macrumors 6502

You will only see airplay if you have an Apple TV with Airplay enable. I'm not sure about airserver but if your on iOS 7 swiping up to get to the control center menu it will be next to airdrop but I think using a third party app would be the problem is Airplay has its restrictions

11. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

If I remember correctly, I got the Airplay icon in Airserver few days back ... you need to make sure the ATV didnt go to sleep :)

Also try playing via another app to ATV first, if it works then try opening Air Server again