Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannymcg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
London, UK
I've heard of rapid apple watch battery drain with previous betas. How are things with public beta four with 6s Plus? It's running fine on my iPad pro and want to put it on my iphone but don't want to crush my apple watch.

nsblum

macrumors regular
May 18, 2015
Puyallup, WA
I've heard of rapid apple watch battery drain with previous betas. How are things with public beta four with 6s Plus? It's running fine on my iPad pro and want to put it on my iphone but don't want to crush my apple watch.
My watch has been off charger for 4 hours so far and only down to 95%. When i get home, it's been 12+ hours off charger and always above 60%.

Reactions: dannymcg

papashaun

macrumors member
May 1, 2015
Not had any problems with mine - watch battery pretty much as was. Had latest beta 10 on my 6S+ for about a week - watch is still on last general watch OS - not running any beta on it
Notifications etc on the watch also been ok

Reactions: dannymcg

indygreg71

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2016
Iphone 6s here, pubic beta 3. Watch with 2.x OS. Watch battery is so far beyond bad now its kinda funny. I charge every night. It will be dead by 5:15p most days. I put it on around 7am. And that is not using the watch for anything but looking at the time and seeing what just made my phone beep. I am not doing any working tracking on it, not using apps, etc.

fabio.lordelo

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
Iphone 6s here, pubic beta 3. Watch with 2.x OS. Watch battery is so far beyond bad now its kinda funny. I charge every night. It will be dead by 5:15p most days. I put it on around 7am. And that is not using the watch for anything but looking at the time and seeing what just made my phone beep. I am not doing any working tracking on it, not using apps, etc.
Have you tried unpairing and repairing it? Mine was like that, terrible battery life until I did it when I was still on beta 3. Took the time to also restore the phone as new as battery life was pretty bad on the phone too. It worked. Things have been great since them. Watch has been off the charger for 12 hours and it's at 60%.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Definitely try un-pairing the watch and then re-pairing it.

It's quite common for the watch battery to drain after updating iOS or watchOS. The above fixes it pretty much every time.

indygreg71

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2016
Have you tried unpairing and repairing it? Mine was like that, terrible battery life until I did it when I was still on beta 3. Took the time to also restore the phone as new as battery life was pretty bad on the phone too. It worked. Things have been great since them. Watch has been off the charger for 12 hours and it's at 60%.

Thanks for that suggestion - I had not done that.
However, this morning I did. unpaired it, paired it, restored from backup. Before I left the house I did this and left with 89% battery. That was at 8am. It is not 10:21 and I am at 43%

I am going to give watchOS 3 beta a try. Not suggesting that trying to figure out the why is a waste, but I wanted to try OS3 anyway and found how to do it without a dev account.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
iOS 10 PB4 on iPhone 6s, WatchOS 3 beta 5.

4 hours off of charger, iPhone is at 97%, watch is at 95%.

Edit: 6 hours off of charger, both iPhone and watch are at 91%.

Edit2: 10 hours - iPhone is at 74%, watch is at 82%.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.