Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Just all of the sudden. Restarted my phone, reset network settings, nothing will work. I don't know what to do - I'd rather not restore.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Just all of the sudden. Restarted my phone, reset network settings, nothing will work. I don't know what to do - I'd rather not restore.

I had this happen on Beta 2 and after trying the things you mentioned I had to DFU as even normal restore broke (got stuck on the same progress bar for hours)

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Turns out there was nothing wrong with the software - called Sprint and they had issues on their end and they fixed it.

Blhall1981

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Same here. iPhone 5 on AT&T. Went through every possible trouble shooting with them, have reset the phone, reset network settings, turned airplane mode on and off, took out SIM card and replaced and restarted and then did a complete restore with iOS 8 again and still have no cellular data. Infuriating. It also got stuck on the apple start screen multiple times while restoring from iCloud backup.

May have to downgrade to 7 until the next beta or until September. Haven't had any issues on my original iPad mini.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.