Beta 4 random resprings/reboots

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sosinsurr, Jul 29, 2013.

1. sosinsurr macrumors regular

Just downloaded it via OTA obviously and within the first ten minutes, with the phone just sitting and screen locked, the phone has resprung/rebooted 3 times.

Anyone else experiencing this? Since this is OTA, is my only option to restore back to Beta 3 and try the OTA again?

2. wepiii macrumors 6502a

3. sosinsurr thread starter macrumors regular

You're talking home and power button held together?

4. emckai macrumors regular

Yes exactly that is the hard reboot. Holding them down until you see the Apple logo.

Check inside your diagnostic and usage data and see if there is any crash reports or panic.plist.

If you a panic.plist it is probably not a hardware issue, just a new bug introduced in beta 4.
    What you could do is restoring back to iOS 7 beta 4 with a backup and see if that fixes the rebooting issue. If it doesn't, restore back to beta 4 and DO NOT restore from a backup.

5. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

This happened to me today while on the phone driving with my Bluetooth device. Resprung, but the call was still connected (I've noticed this when jailbroken, so not a new phenomenon to me). Was very odd. I noticed it did that after I used voice dictation for a text, then Siri to place a call. Maybe one of those APIs are wonky? My best guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. Topher227 macrumors regular

I've updated to iOS B4 on 3 phones (2 iPhone 5, 1 iPhone 4s) and none of them have experienced this.

You could try a Reset All Settings (settings > general > reset). When I was having trouble in B2, this helped.

7. Zeeshee macrumors regular

This just happened to me. My phone was on my desk from an hour and i just saw that it rebooted...

8. c0LdFire macrumors regular

I had a random reboot late last night as well.

9. Beachhead999 macrumors member

my ipad 4 and iphone 5 do it regularly now and have all the way thru the ios7 betas, no fixes or improvments yet.

10. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Haven't had a single crash on my 4S and with Beta 3 it crashed constantly, especially on the lock screen.

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Did a clean install of Beta 4. No issues whatsoever.