Beta 4, Screen becomes discolored and restarts to Apple logo

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Cargo75, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Cargo75 macrumors newbie

Is anyone else having this issue on Beta 4? The bottom right of the screen gets discolored out of nowhere (a green hue almost like when use press against an old computer screen) and then the phone restarts to the Apple logo.

It doesn't seem to be causing any issues, but this is a replacement iPhone I just got yesterday from Apple and want to make sure it's just a common iOS 7 bug and not an issue with this phone specifically. If it is, I need to go get another replacement and am gonna quit with these betas. I just don't wanna downgrade back to iOS 6 just yet if it's gonna still happen regardless.

2. RITmusic2k macrumors member

RITmusic2k

This happened to me one time, I believe right as I was launching the Calendar app.

The whole screen looked like a damaged LCD with green and violet streaks, then it faded out and rebooted. Hasn't happened again since; actually the phone has rebooted far fewer times on this build than on any of the previous ones.

Has this been a recurring issue for you?

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Happened to me today for the 1st time. Turned the screen blueish then restarted the to Apple logo. iPhone 5, Beta 4, Verizon.

If you check diagnostics you will see a panic plist with cpu 1 not responding.

4. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Same here, CPU 1 failed to respond.

5. Cargo75 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Settings > General > About > scroll down to the bottom and choose diagnostics.

7. Cargo75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok you guys are right. The panic.plist is there from both times it did it.

That isn't gonna damage the logic board or anything is it? Sorry that may be a dumb question, but that's what they told me in the apple store is what happened to my last phone. I don't want to cause that to happen again.

8. tdar macrumors 6502a

Had this happen to me today for the first time as well. I have been seeing these reboots on my iPad 3 all along the beta, but I've never had one on the iPhone until today. Bring on Beta 5!

9. Armen, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

According to the Internet a panic plist is a hardware problem but I don't buy it. A lot of us were throwing panic plists in beta 3. I doubt 20+ people's iPhone had hardware failure at the same time.

10. cheekyjeremy macrumors regular

11. Cargo75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hm... that seems odd.

Well thanks for the help everyone. I guess I'll relax about it then.

12. wsc9005 macrumors regular

I had the same issue when I was using iMessages.

There was something about 1 CPU failed/no responding on the plist report.

Although this has never happened after I reverted to iOS 6. So I doubt this is a hardware issue.

13. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Didn't notice any coloration changes but my phone did randomly restart to the Apple logo once.

14. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Yup same here. Opened Instagram, top half the screen turned blood red, then the phone rebooted. Was kind of freaky.

15. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Possibly due to governor tweaking done by Apple at kernel level to optimize iOS7

Kernel may have seen it as a hardware failure even though it's those software that caused it ... Beta !

16. ihop3y macrumors newbie

It's happening to me about once a day.

Didn't happen in B2, but has since in B3 and B4:confused:

17. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

18. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    Had this happen to me as well, once when using the weather app, then messages and calendar and once when it was sat on my desk doing nothing. I just looked up to see my display come on quickly and then restart.

All due to CPU1 panic.

19. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

20. Topher227 macrumors regular

It happened to me as well.

I wasn't even touching the iPhone, it was just sitting on my desk with the screen off. All of a sudden i noticed the Apple logo as it was restarting...

Checked the diag log, CPU 1 failed to respond.

21. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Panics aren't necessarily a hardware issue. The only way to know your phone is truly fine is to downgrade back to iOS 6 and try doing the same things that were causing the issues. don't install a backup either. restore and fresh set up. if you can replicate the issue then you have a potential hardware issue. If not then it's either something in your user data or a weird ass iOS 7 bug and should most definitely be reported via your developer account.