Beta 4 touch accuracy bug iPad 1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MadGoat, Jul 28, 2011.

1. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I'm wondering if it's just me or has anyone experienced touch accuracy to be off by about 2 mm in this build? For example, to hit a small item on screen, I have to aim about 2mm lower.

Filled out a bug report, but in the interim, just wondering if anyone else has this issue?

2. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

My buddy and I have noticed this on our iPad 2's

It's especially noticeable when trying to tap on bookmarks in the bookmarks bar. You will end up hitting a browser tab most of the time. Also when tapping on the status bar to auto scroll to the top of a page. If you do it above the bookmarks button or the action button you will hit those instad of scrolling.

You are not alone.

3. kendo88 macrumors regular

Yes I am definitely noticing this on my iPad 2. A little annoying

4. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Same here. Was hoping it wasn't just me. I have an iPad 2 and have been continuously hitting the link above what I intended. Hope they fix that in beta 5 as it is super annoying

5. Zcott macrumors 68020

6. idkmybffjon macrumors member

this is all over the dev forums as well, its also a reported bug with a tracking ID. the consensus is that they're testing something different for people who don't hold their iPads flat at their face but rather angle them back slightly. don't panic :)

7. MadGoat thread starter macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Darn, I should have checked the forums before I posted here.

8. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

See that's my concern though. I was thinking it has to be intentional, and would be really pissed if they changed it. It's really quite horrible. I realize that it's not a change they would make right away, but it doesn't rule it out in the future either. I understand it seems better for people at that certain angle, but thats really just compensating for those people's incompetent eye hand coordination. Ugh, makes me sick...

9. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

I agree. 100%

Maybe it's something they are going to put as an "option" in Accessibility?

10. LeakedDave macrumors regular

They best fix this. And fix the damn stuttering on bluetooth music streaming. WTF. Ruined my long drive last week, kinda.

11. Nyranger24 macrumors newbie

I'm finding that writing with a stylus is also less accurate. I think it's just a bug that they'll hopefully fix sooner than later.

12. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

I noticed this today when trying to use my stylus for the first time on iOS 5 and it didn't work well at all.

13. freemini macrumors regular

freemini

I have this stupid bug too. It's especially annoying in Youtube when I'm trying to tap on Comments/More from it registers the Search field. And since in iOS 5 tapping on search will stop the video, I have to go to History and restart it.

14. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I had started thinking this was happening on my iPad 2 too. Though I tend to find it auto-correcting for when I'm drunk...

15. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Glad to see this problem is widespread, as I thought my may have been a hardware issue.

16. shazzam macrumors regular

17. Type121 macrumors regular

Same here.:eek: I thought I was starting to manifest symptoms of some horrible neurological syndrome.

18. hsotnicam8002 macrumors 6502

hsotnicam8002

I have this accuracy issue when trying to delete an item from mail. :mad:

19. Zcott macrumors 68020

20. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

I don't know why anyone hasn't answered this yet, but I finally had a chance to update to beta 5 just now, and this issue is fixed. Thank ****ing god! Was so annoying

21. saudsaif macrumors newbie

I updated my IPAD 2 to IOS 5 beta 5, at the first day the screen problem was not there, but next day it came back.
    Any one found a solution?

22. JaMMyJaM macrumors newbie

Same experience here. Was working fine. I was all giddy then I think after a reboot it was back to busted. Bummer

23. Omniver macrumors member

Thank you

I was really stumped. "Was it always like this and I just didn't notice? Am I touching it different? Do I need glasses? Was it there before the beta?".

Glad to hear its an acknowledged issue.

24. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Updated to 5/5 and like others it wasn't there on day 1 but has somehow come back.

25. saudsaif macrumors newbie

Whenever you rest the IPAD the problem disappear, and the problem come back after the first reboot.