Beta 4 was the best

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kre62, Sep 11, 2013.

1. kre62 macrumors 68000

I am currently running the iOS7 GM and like others am not impressed with the final build. What is really frustrating is that Beta 4 was the best build of them all. Super fast animations, great battery life. Beta 5 came and I immediately noticed slightly slower animations, and crushing battery life. beta 6 didn't help. Now with GM, I feel like the animations are even slower, and battery is about the same as Beta 6.

I want the animation speed found in the original iOS7 video. Why cant Apple get that?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Opinions vary widely on this. Beta 5 was always the best for me.

3. brendu macrumors 68020

Two theories:

1. Apple is still working feverishly on iOS7 and the speed and battery improvements you want will come in 7.0.1 or 7.1

2. Apple wants iOS7 to run perfectly on the 5S and doesn't care that it is a little slower on animations for older devices.

I actually think its a little of both.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Beta 4? the one that would quietly get your phone stuck in a black screen mode without you even knowing unless you checked it?

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

In this case an opinion is simply wrong. There could be a million factors that lead you to the above theory but for everyone else GM is the best build.

6. kre62 thread starter macrumors 68000

I never had problems with this. I would get an occasional respring. I'll take it if it means a fast phone. I am thinking about going back to iOS 6 while there is still time. The GM is just too slow.

----------

Im hearing lots of complaining, so the "everyone else" comment definitely isn't true

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

And I think undelivered calls to quite a few phones...unless that was beta 3 (can't recall exactly at the moment).

----------

I don't really recall animations being any faster or slower than they are currently in the GM (perhaps a bit smoother now in the GM, but as far as their duration, they were longer from the beginning, as that seems to be a design decision for iOS 7).