Beta 6 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DSchwartz88, Aug 19, 2011.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

So redmondpie (usually pretty trustworthy) is reporting the current version of redsn0w works with jailbreak beta 6 by pointing it at the beta 5 file. However I see plenty of other sites reporting it causes an infinite boot loop.

Before anyone asks, I am getting the IPSW through the dev program, and have a registered UDID. I develop for iOS (among other things), but also like to be jailbroken for various reasons (UISettings, iFile, etc.).

So what gives? Does this work? I'd rather not be the guinea pig that wipes their phone only to find out it doesn't. Has anyone tried and succeeded? or failed?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've been hearing it doesn't work from a lot of people. No one in the Dev Team has said anything yet (that I know of). I'd wait honestly.

3. vcantrell macrumors member

vcantrell

it just sends you into a reboot cycle.

I'm not sure where people got that it works... but at least for GSM iPhone 4, it does not.

It's strange that there's no comment from the dev team. They have commented on every release so far on the day of... hmm....

4. DSchwartz88 thread starter macrumors 6502

nah, I feel like beta 5 took a while also right? and by a while I mean like 3-4 days. I think ill stay away for now. I'm only anxious cause beta 5's music app has been crazy buggy. Won't play most of my songs (but plays some, it's weird). Eh it's beta, what'erya gonna do.