Beta 6 straight to Public Version?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jedi-knight83, Sep 18, 2013.

1. jedi-knight83 macrumors member

Sorry its probably be answered a million times but these threads disappear so fast as new ones are created and I've not seen a definitive answer yet..

I have Beta 6.
    Currently downloading Itunes 11.1
    Ive clicked 'check for update' on itunes 11.0.5 and it says i have the latest version even though its still a beta?

Will I need to manually do an IPSW file? I do have the GM.ipsw file but i was waiting for itunes 11.1.

Thank you in advance.

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Yes you have to do it manually. Just option click and choose your ipsw file.

3. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Looking for a spot to download the .ipsw

There a handy link for that anywhere?

4. Phanatic macrumors newbie

Im in the same boat. Need to find a .ipsw file to update my Beta 6.

5. Stalyn macrumors regular

What happen if we restore? Do we still have to download from some where? I'm at work still an stock with b6.

6. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Yes, you can't go from Beta 6 to general release. You will need the ipsw file. If you were in the development program (which I'm guessing you weren't), this wouldn't of been a problem and you would have had iOS 7 last week with the GM.

7. jedi-knight83 thread starter macrumors member

thank you.

will do this once itunes 11.1 has downloaded.

I just googled and got a download from a blog site.

8. jedi-knight83 thread starter macrumors member

Nope... Im one of those annoying apple fans that registered his UDID for £5 and just wanted to see what it was like. Been using it since B1 and I like it and havent had problems.

I downloaded the GM the day after it became available but I have been in morocco since with patchy wifi so dont want to rely on icloud back up so I've been waiting for itunes 11.1 so I can restore that way.

9. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

If you have the GM then don't bother updating, as your updating to nothing!

10. jedi-knight83 thread starter macrumors member

As I said. I downloaded the GM.ipsw file onto my laptop but didnt load it to the phone as I was waiting for itunes 11.1

I was wondering if i could just forget the GM and go straight to the public release but as it doesnt seem to be recognising that (as my phone already says its on ios7) then I will go back as use the GM file I downloaded last week.

11. AceMagi macrumors newbie

So just to be clear, GM is the final version and will not expire?

12. dominic252 macrumors member

I'm trying to do the same thing. Links are up on Redmond Pie. Trying to manually upgrade and I keep getting an error saying it isn't compatible. Running an iPhone 5 on Beta 6

13. nbrown32 macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue it keep saying firmware not compatable but I just restarted Itunes and it says there is a new update for my phone and it's downloading now. Fingers crossed

14. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Might have to restore back to iOS 6 then update to iOS 7.

15. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

My iTunes 11.1 identified that my iOS 7 beta 6 phone had an update. I let it run the update normally through iTunes and my phone now has 11A465 on it.

No manual .ipsw required.

16. latormenta macrumors member

I tried this but kept getting hit with the error message, so I am now downloading an .ipsw

Do I just shift update or should I shift restore (I have already backed up my phone).

17. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Weird.

Hmm. You should be able to just update from the ipsw. If that doesn't work, you can always restore.