Beta 6 straight to Public Version?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jedi-knight83, Sep 18, 2013.

1. jedi-knight83 macrumors member

Dec 17, 2010
    Sorry its probably be answered a million times but these threads disappear so fast as new ones are created and I've not seen a definitive answer yet..

I have Beta 6.
    Currently downloading Itunes 11.1
    Ive clicked 'check for update' on itunes 11.0.5 and it says i have the latest version even though its still a beta?

Will I need to manually do an IPSW file? I do have the GM.ipsw file but i was waiting for itunes 11.1.

Thank you in advance.
  2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Sep 19, 2003
    Yes you have to do it manually. Just option click and choose your ipsw file.
  3. eoblaed macrumors 68000

Apr 21, 2010
    Looking for a spot to download the .ipsw

There a handy link for that anywhere?
  4. Phanatic macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2012
    Im in the same boat. Need to find a .ipsw file to update my Beta 6.
  5. Stalyn macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2012
    What happen if we restore? Do we still have to download from some where? I'm at work still an stock with b6.
  6. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Jan 26, 2008
    Yes, you can't go from Beta 6 to general release. You will need the ipsw file. If you were in the development program (which I'm guessing you weren't), this wouldn't of been a problem and you would have had iOS 7 last week with the GM.
  7. jedi-knight83 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 17, 2010
    thank you.

will do this once itunes 11.1 has downloaded.

I just googled and got a download from a blog site.
  8. jedi-knight83 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 17, 2010
    Nope... Im one of those annoying apple fans that registered his UDID for £5 and just wanted to see what it was like. Been using it since B1 and I like it and havent had problems.

I downloaded the GM the day after it became available but I have been in morocco since with patchy wifi so dont want to rely on icloud back up so I've been waiting for itunes 11.1 so I can restore that way.
  9. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2013
    United Kingdom
    If you have the GM then don't bother updating, as your updating to nothing!
  10. jedi-knight83 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 17, 2010
    As I said. I downloaded the GM.ipsw file onto my laptop but didnt load it to the phone as I was waiting for itunes 11.1

I was wondering if i could just forget the GM and go straight to the public release but as it doesnt seem to be recognising that (as my phone already says its on ios7) then I will go back as use the GM file I downloaded last week.
  11. AceMagi macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2011
    So just to be clear, GM is the final version and will not expire?
  12. dominic252 macrumors member

Jul 7, 2010
    I'm trying to do the same thing. Links are up on Redmond Pie. Trying to manually upgrade and I keep getting an error saying it isn't compatible. Running an iPhone 5 on Beta 6
  13. nbrown32 macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2013
    I am having the same issue it keep saying firmware not compatable but I just restarted Itunes and it says there is a new update for my phone and it's downloading now. Fingers crossed
  14. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Jan 26, 2008
    Might have to restore back to iOS 6 then update to iOS 7.
  15. eoblaed macrumors 68000

Apr 21, 2010
    My iTunes 11.1 identified that my iOS 7 beta 6 phone had an update. I let it run the update normally through iTunes and my phone now has 11A465 on it.

No manual .ipsw required.
  16. latormenta macrumors member

Jul 13, 2012
    I tried this but kept getting hit with the error message, so I am now downloading an .ipsw

Do I just shift update or should I shift restore (I have already backed up my phone).
  17. eoblaed macrumors 68000

Apr 21, 2010

Hmm. You should be able to just update from the ipsw. If that doesn't work, you can always restore.