Beta 7 iTunes Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thegoldenmackid, Sep 7, 2011.

1. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Was wondering if anyone on here is getting a similar issue.

When I go to play a song on my phone, it either:
    A. Forces me back a window (into Albums, Songs, Playlist, etc)
    B. Will skip through every song in the album until reaching a specific, albeit random, song; i.e., not the one I selected. For example, select Track 7, shuffles through all tracks and lands on Track 10.

I cannot even get it to let me skip until specific tracks, it seems it only wants to play a few.

Just wondering. For those wondering, I OTA'd Beta 7, no Jailbreak. I've restarted the iPhone and the app, thinking about doing a restore.

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Well known fact that iTunes/iPod/Music in Beta 7 is horribly broken.

3. A2DY macrumors member

just to add from my experience I have no issues at all.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It's not horribly broken.

People just don't know what's going on behind the scenes. This is why the release notes do not mention submitting bug reports and instead lists known issues. I've been trying to explain that simple concept to people for a while now. Only time will show it.

When it comes out next month it will work just fine. Mark my words.

5. Saberon macrumors 6502a

"When it comes out next month it will work just fine. Mark my words. "

Of course it will, it won't be a beta then. I'm trying to say that in this particular beta, Music app is not working as intended. Just because 1 person isn't having an issue doesn't mean that nobody is having an issue.

Put it this way, when iOS 5 is officially out and you are still having a problem, then you can complain about it.

6. shandyman Suspended

have you synced the device to iTunes? as there's a known bug that's like the photos one where it's all there, but the device doesn't see it, so you re-sync and it will be fine.

failing that, just take the music off and put it back on.

try those before restoring as those are both recommended actions and have been discussed in other threads on here

7. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I had the same issues with mine. I fixed it by simply deleting all the music from my iPhone, and then re-adding it back on. It works perfectly now.

8. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

That issue has to do with OTA updates. If you restored in iTunes, that won't happen.