Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I read somewhere that the Beta 8 build was the final gold build... So... If you have Beta 8, do you have the final 2.0 and you're all set? Or is there going to be some reason to upgrade to the released 2.0 in a couple days?

Thanks

sdd4

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2007
I read somewhere that the Beta 8 build was the final gold build... So... If you have Beta 8, do you have the final 2.0 and you're all set? Or is there going to be some reason to upgrade to the released 2.0 in a couple days?

Thanks

Well, I was under the impression that the iPhone 3G shipped with the Beta 8 software, and that the new one would be available for upgrade later. Not sure if there will be major changes, though... ::shrugs::

Anyone else wanna throw their hat into this ring?

Riemann Zeta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
iPhone OS 2.0.0 Build 5a345 is the official release. Whether it is Beta 8, leaked by "l33t iph0ne haX0r" teenagers or downloaded from iTunes after the broad-spectrum release, it is the GM build. I bet 2.0.1 is not too far behind, if any minor last-minute bugs need polishing.

EDIT: I was wrong, it looks like 5a347 will be the final GM build. Interesting, as 5a345 is what was installed to all the iPhone 3Gs out there that people will buy. So, they will need a little tiny update upon first sync.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Well I just installed 5a345 on my iPhone using the official build of iTunes 7.7 and it seems to have worked just fine.

I have 2.0! Yay!

entwife

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Well I just installed 5a345 on my iPhone using the official build of iTunes 7.7 and it seems to have worked just fine.

I have 2.0! Yay!

what did you use? is ure phone unlocked or official etc?
i wants 2.0 but gotta wait until devs have it sorted

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
I have a regular O2 iPhone which I haven't jailbroken or done any funny business to. I'm not sure the rules here allow people to discuss where to get the firmware, but if you look in the "usual places" for this sort of thing then you'll find it.

entwife

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
I have a regular O2 iPhone which I haven't jailbroken or done any funny business to. I'm not sure the rules here allow people to discuss where to get the firmware, but if you look in the "usual places" for this sort of thing then you'll find it.

hacks and apps forums????? the main thread told me how to do it, hahah

i better wait

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.