iPad Beta enroll and public/stable update

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Rubo Draco, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Rubo Draco macrumors regular

if I enrolled in the Public Beta, will I be able to install the stable/public release of iOS 9 OTA update? I'm currently under iOS 9 Public Beta 3 and the only update I can see is the 9.1 Public Beta 1

iPad 2 (3G + WiFi)

2. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

That's because 9.1 is newer than the Public release of iOS 9.
    I would try to uninstall the beta profile in Settings, give it a restart, and then you should see iOS 9.0 in the software update.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

As mentioned in numerous threads about this, if you delete the public beta profile you should be able to see the 9.0 update.

4. Rubo Draco thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I'm currently downloading so removing the Beta profile worked. I thought I would be able to choose between stable 9 and 9.1 Beta 1 but no

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

You are either on the production track or the beta track essentially, controlled by having that profile or not having it.

6. Rubo Draco thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thanks for the info
    if I choose to remove my device from beta updates, will I be able to enroll it again in the future?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

As long as Apple still provides that and your account is part of the program.

8. Rubo Draco thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, then I'll remove my device from beta updates for now because I don't want to keep getting the 9.1 beta update pop-up. Thank you guys for the help!