Beta push apps, likely?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gazzer82, Apr 7, 2009.

1. gazzer82 macrumors regular

Anyone got any info on when we will see any beta apps featuring the push notification, if at all. I have been attempting to do some testing with the API but it doesn't seem to want to play ball properly yet, but then i am one sole developer not the might of someone like Yahoo.

I guess these may be closed beta's so we won't know much about it until they release the app. Oh well here's hoping otherwise.

Cheers

Gareth

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I can tell you they will not ever come out in beta, unless you get added via adhoc through a developer to test.

Apple specifically says that no apps using 3.0 features are allowed to even be submitted to the app store.

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Like mentioned, you'd have to get put onto a private beta ad-hoc list from someone. I've got an app pushing that I'm testing right now and it's finally working. I don't need any additional testers though, I have my same core group that I've been using from the start. You're not going to get a beta of say AIM or Beejive if that's what you're thinking. For those types of apps you'll have to wait until official 3.0. There's always a chance some small independent developer needs help testing the push capabilities of their app though.