iPhone 11 Pro beta software shipped on new phones??

kegan forbes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2017
michigan
just wondering if anyone else got a new 11/pro/max and after spending a day with it feels like it has the july beta on it. i have run into multiple bugs that i remember finding and reporting in the early public beta that were later fixed that i am now having to deal with again on my new phone. autofill wanting to create a new password in a login spot instead of filling in saved passwords. new mail not showing till you back out and select a inbox. messages text spot showing with no keyboard in middle of screen without keyboard showing then going to top of screen with keyboard at bottom. this is the first time i got a new iPhone that i want to return it. the lack of 3d touch has also been a lot more annoying than i thought it would be.

JPack

macrumors 601
Mar 27, 2017
Apple has to lock down the software for mass production in late August. Either iPhone ships late or ships with a buggy OS. They chose the latter.

kegan forbes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2017
michigan
Apple has to lock down the software for mass production in late August. Either iPhone ships late or ships with a buggy OS. They chose the latter.
i understand what your saying but the betas out in early and late august had a bunch of these fixed. this is also the first year since me getting into the upgrade program with the 6s that it feels like they shipped with a beta instead of a close gm release.

posguy99

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2004
Anyone know if there's a trick like there used to be, to get the phone to stop offering 13.x for update? I figure these days it'll be like macOS is, wait until the *next* WWDC to install the <whatever> announced at *this* WWDC.

Certainly I won't be installing macOS 10.15 until .6, easiest to treat iOS the same way. But it's harder to ignore an iOS update.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
I installed the beta profile for 13.1 after all my data was restored. 13.0 has a bug where if you scroll all the way up on photos (tap top) it just crashes. It might be due to certain pictures I have, but it doesn’t happen on 13.1.