Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aftk2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2003
Pacific NW
I was wondering if anyone would like to do just that. :)

It's located here:

http://www.your-wishlist.com/widget/A_Bodacious_Amazon_Wishlet.wdgt.zip

It's name is ABAW: A Bodacious Amazon Wishlet. It originally stood for "A Better Amazon Widget," but I thought that was a bit provocative, and somewhat mean-spirited, since there's nothing wrong with any of the Amazon widgets out there. Mine just happens to a do a little bit more than most. Mainly, it interfaces with a website that I've created, your-wishlist.com. This is the reason for "wishlet" in the widget's name, which is my humble attempt to create a Web 2.0-style buzzword ;-)

You can use the widget like you'd use a typical Amazon dashboard widget, and search through product listings. However, you can also create a list of products on your Mac (in the widget), and when your list is complete, export that list to either a shopping cart or to your-wishlist.com, where you can share them with friends, families or complete strangers.

This is beta software, but I think it should be 99% there - I just didn't want to release it and start hyping it completely untested. :) I appreciate feature requests, nitpicks, criticism, rants and raves. Oh - and incidentally, multi-lingual support is on my list of things to do, so you don't necessarily need to include it in your feedback. Thanks again, Macrumors folks.

aftk2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2003
Pacific NW
Heh

Incidentally, I noticed a bug when I brought my widget from home computer to my Macbook Pro at work. If anyone has been plagued with "undefined" at the top of their list, I've updated the widget to (hopefully) fix it, although you'll need to clear out your list first - that should hopefully take care of it. Ah, development...

Thanks to those poking around with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.