Beta Testers for New Music Site

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by blewisb, May 22, 2007.

1. blewisb macrumors newbie

Howdy y'all,

I read Macrumors all the time and wanted to see if anyone out there is willing to help us. I am going to all of the Mac sites I read because I know Mac users will be better/smarter/cooler testers (our entire company is made up of Mac snobs--I am looking at my working Macintosh Portable and NeXTStation right now).

I work for eSession.com. eSession is a music collaboration website that will launch sometime this summer. We allow users to hire and pay professional musicians and to collaborate with other users through our website. You can upload your tracks and allow people that you select to listen to them. You can also negotiate with people you hire through the site and pay them with our negotiation toolset.

You could literally hire the guy who mixed Peter Gabriel's SO (Kevin Killen) or Dweezil Zappa from our site and have him helping you out today.

It is really cool, but we are having trouble finding beta testers for the site. If you have a project you are working on and need a way to collaborate with other people through the internet or if you need a pro-level musician or engineer to work on your tracks, eSession.com may be able to help you out. Sending work requests to people in our talent database is free during our beta period (they usually cost $25) and we are giving free unlimited disk space as well.

You do need to be using DAW to be able to make the most out of the site because you don't do the mixing online. You download tracks from the other people working on your projects and add them to your project locally.

If you are interested, check out the site (www.esession.com). If you have questions, send me an PM or email (bryan@esession.com). We aren't making any money at this point--we just need feedback and users to test the system.

Thanks,
    Bryan

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'll say i'm pretty impressed. some typical beta-level issues -- and Flash is never that fun as a user-experience imho -- but a neat idea and, from my brief tour, looks to be a decent execution.

i've registered myself as a mix engineer. you guys should check it out.

3. neut macrumors 68000

neut

This is pretty slick ... some high profile people on there as well. Looks like this site is well on it's way. :)

Great idea guys ... keep that **** up!
    _

peace | neut