Beta testers needed for DockLock 2.0

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Castle, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Castle macrumors newbie

You may have (or probably won't have) seen the original and best (though I'm hardly objective) Dock locking application - DockLock. Well, version 2 is nearly ready for testing and there are no doubt a whole bunch of errors to be caught. If you're interested in beta testing this new app, take a look at the details below and then drop me an email.

DockLock is a small application that allows you to lock or unlock many aspects of Apple's Dock. With one click of a small and unobtrusive Dock icon you can have the Dock's contents, position, size, autohide status, magnification and more locked or unlocked.

(All icons are temporary placeholders and copyright of Apple)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can chose exactly which Dock attributes are affected and process them together or one at a time. The Dock icon changes to reflect if the Dock is locked or unlocked to give you a visual cue to the status of the Dock.

[​IMG]

DockLock can also password protect the Dock, using either a chosen password or the Admin username and password. (DockLock only password protects itself, though - people with access to Terminal can still change the Dock settings.)

[​IMG]

If you're interested in testing DockLock and willing to provide feedback on the errors you'll encounter please email me at

(Mac OS X 10.5 only)

*Thanks for everyone's help, but entry into the beta is closed for now!*

DockLock will be shareware (somewhere around the $10 mark, probably), with hefty discounts for educational institutions.

Please note, though: All the functionality found in DockLock 1.0 is still free in DockLock 2.0. Only the new features will require registration.

Many thanks for your time!

2. Castle thread starter macrumors newbie

*Thanks for everyone's help, but entry into the beta is closed for now!*