Beta Testers?? Using Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by camaroIOM, Mar 16, 2011.

1. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Wondering if we are beta testers for the upcoming Ipad 3. Several sources have predicted the 3 to be out prior to Christmas. Any takers on this one??
    Getting great feed back so far on screens, performance and customer interest. Produce a better screen with more options and people will buy.

2. dmb420 macrumors member

It would be a very poor business decision to release the iPad 3 so quickly after the launch of the iPad 2. I'm not going to go into the details of why... it's been hashed out in numerous threads already.

Plus... this:
    [​IMG]

3. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

4. manman macrumors regular

Oh well, even if we are, being a beta tester for the the iPad 3 is better than being a beta tester for the current xoom. :p

5. Maaz macrumors 6502a

They won't have the iPad 2 selling normally in stores with enough supply until May at least. Do you really think another iPad would launch 3 months after that, and then go through the same shortages and launch as all iOS products do?

6. gatearray macrumors 65816

Oh yeah, sure. We are all going to be beta testers for the iPad 2, all 40 million of us this year. The 15 million beta testers for the original iPad didn't do a good enough job, and Apple's own beta testers in-house don't know their ass from their elbow, either.

And, I'm quite sure that Apple will release iPad 3 in the fall, just before the holiday season. The iPad was a lousy seller this last Christmas, and they think they can make 10 million iPad 3's a month with retina displays (even with lower yields) in order to be the hottest UNAVAILABLE gift this year.

/sarcasm

If you can't afford an iPad, it's OK, you don't need to go on these flights of fancy to make yourself feel better and try and bring the rest of us down in the process. The iPad 2 rules and will continue to do so until the 3 comes out in about a year from now.

Oh, and please link to these "several sources" you mention.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Is Apple having problem's selling the current iPad?

Now it all makes sense, thats why on friday when i went to go buy my iPad 2 I was able to just walk right in to the Apple Store at 5pm without issues, apparently nobody showed up for the Launch and now Apple is frantically trying to gather feedback as soon as possible so that they can release the iPad 3 by this Fall with better specs.

Genius.

So this was all an illusion? Nobody is buying the iPad 2.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. whyhellojoe macrumors member

ahh. i see what you did that you sneaky one. fancy that. photoshopping the apple logo onto the xoom launch photos. i heard steve balmer was there too

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Damn, I've been caught. :D

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Citation needed.

11. iLuis macrumors member

Apple just killed the copycats and the 2011 is the iPad 2 year.
    So wait until March 2012 for the iPad 3.

12. Cyberheart macrumors member

Cyberheart

i love how apple kills the copycats i dont like android tablets

13. CerealKillers macrumors member

lmao!

14. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Uh, no. What happened was John 'Daring Fireball' Gruber specualted that Apple may introduce an iPad revision with a Retina display in September to capitalise on the Christmas rush. He made it VERY clear that this was specualtion and not based on any inside info. It was also speculation made before the iPad 2 event and, therefore, before the scope of the changes Apple had made were confirmed.

Sadly a lot of people jumped on that as a cast iron cert and have been treating it as gospel ever since. Unfortunately it's a theory with a lot of problems, the main one being the chipset powering the device. Apple just set a benchmark for performance with the A5 running a 1024 x 768 panel. To introduce a retina display would require delivering that same performance with four times the number of pixels. Looking at the CPU and GPU roadmaps that Apple are currently following I just don't see a combo that would be available by September that'd a) produce that sort of power without killing battery life and b) be affordable.

Let's be honest here, it makes very little sense for Apple to introduce a retina display iPad 2 HD with A6 processor in September. They'd have to split their already stressed production lines to make it, it'd be very very expensive, iPad 1 already showed that they don't necessarily need a new device to capitalise on Christmas sales and, if they DID introduce that spec, it robs the iPad 3 launch event of much of its highlights (as that would surely be the standard spec just six months later).