Beta User (Legitimate) Help please

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Daniel97, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

Guys/Girls,

I am a registered Dev, i pay my subscription so im after legitimate help please .. just wanted to clarify before im flamed for not being here fairly ..

iPad texting/calling .. how does this work? - Ive set up iOS8 on a iPad Mini and an iPhone 5S but cannot get either to work while on the same WIFI network, or any network for that matter?

iCloud Storage, i have DP1 Yosemite also on a Mac Mini and the iCloud folder is there .. is the document storage not yet working on iOS devices as i cannot find any app, link, page to show me documents in there?

iCloud Photo Library - how does this work? Ive turned it on my iphone, although the main icloud toggle page says its off when i click on photos this one is on, i cannot seem to find any indication in the photos app that these photos have been uploaded .. and if they have been, where are they? where do i find them?

Im sure i have more but will ask as i find ..

2. KrisLord macrumors 65816

Messages - if I create a message on ipad to a non-iphone number, it auto switches from sending a blue iMessage to a green "message" which would go as an SMS.

Calls - go to contacts and find an appropriate contact - click the phone symbol next to their number and you should get a call initiated on both iphone and ipad. I think you need Bluetooth enabled for this to work.
    Calls initiated from Yosemite don't seem to work - the call pop up disappears a split second after appearing

iCloud storage will need apps on iOS to be updated. I think there might be beta apps on the developer portal for pages etc but can't be sure.

Ive not really looked at the changes to iCloud photo library so I can't help with that.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Go watch the dev videos, all your questions are answered there in detail.

4. Daniel97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe that's the issue I have bluetooth off! Thank you

5. Daniel97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Got phone calls and texts working! Just need to figure out the icloud storage now ..

6. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

There's no iOS iCloud Drive app yet so in the meantime...let's say you create a Numbers file on your iPhone, you should be able to see that
    doc and open it on your iPad or Mac. On your Mac, you should also see a folder created for the app on your iCloud Drive.

As for iCloud Photo Library, There's no integration with Mac iPhoto until early next year so you won't see anything on your Mac yet but check to see if edits on your iPhone show up on your iPad.

7. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Be cautious of what you put in icloud drive, there are notes in a few places that say this data will be erased throughout the beta period

8. Daniel97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah thank you!

9. KrisLord macrumors 65816

It's due to be wiped 7th July according to the thread 'fyi' at the top of the forum.