Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jim2011

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
I'm interested in upgrading to 3.0 either by being added to someone else's dev account or paying for my own. What would make the difference is whether paying the $99 enables you to beta test 3.0 applications like AIM. I'd like to try out the push notifications and other api features but just being on 3.0 firmware with applications made for older firmware won't provide those benefits.

Can anyone let me know if being an iPhone developer allows you to beta other apps?

Thanks!

jmccullough108

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I'm interested in upgrading to 3.0 either by being added to someone else's dev account or paying for my own. What would make the difference is whether paying the $99 enables you to beta test 3.0 applications like AIM. I'd like to try out the push notifications and other api features but just being on 3.0 firmware with applications made for older firmware won't provide those benefits.

Can anyone let me know if being an iPhone developer allows you to beta other apps?

Thanks!

Don't upgrade. Wait until it's smoother, or Apple releases it final.

wil49

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
Chester, UK
3.0 beta was released for developers to test and develop their apps. If you are not going to stick with 3.0 dont install it, too many folks are clogging up threads with posts about how to get back to 2.2.1

jim2011

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
Believe me, I wouldn't be clogging up threads asking stupid questions that I could find out easily on my own. I probably should have rephrased my question. Once you pay the $99, is there a developer Forum for developers to request people to beta their apps?

wil49

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
Chester, UK
Basically unless you are currently involved with developers for beta testing their products and you have dedicated development devices its not worth the hassle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.