Beta3 experiences on IP4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jigsjdg, Jul 8, 2013.

1. jigsjdg macrumors newbie

For what its worth, I would like to let you all know that Beta 3 is a huge improvement on an iPhone 4 over Beta 2.

Stability seems to be much better, but I would need a couple of days more to verify that... to see if it sticks. Performance is dramatically improved, I can say that much already. The phone is responsive and snappy again, way better than Beta 2.

Camera takes a little while to start up still, but so much shorter than in Beta2. Notification and Control Center are far more responsive, too. Animations (fly in, fly out when starting/stoping apps) is very fluid.

Battery, for me, was very good in Beta 2 and it seems Beta 3 isn't changing that. Last weekend with Beta 2 I was on 100% at 4pm on Friday and, with normal usage, I hooked it up to an outlet on Sunday at 6pm still at 32% with BT/WiFi and everything else on. 5 hours ago I updated to Beta 3 and going through the new system a lot I'm still good at 96%...

I will checkout auto app update in the App Store app the coming days as it seemed the culprit of much mayhem in Beta 2 and 1.. It drained battery and made me have to reboot my phone every morning.

-- Edit --
    Oh... I upgraded from 6.1.3 to iOS7 Beta 1 and from there on used the OTA functionality to upgrade to Beta 3. No fresh install, no difficult things done. Just used iTunes initially and then OTA.

2. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

While I do notice the subtitle improvements from beta2 to beta3 I'm noticing more glitches and bugs with the newest beta on iPad

3. travisbrowning macrumors member

travisbrowning

Good to hear, Beta 1 was rough, Beta 2 was great and if Beta 3 is even better.. :D

4. iTim314 macrumors 6502

I've read that a lot of features are disabled on the iPhone 4. While disappointing, it's not surprising. As it is, though, there's no transparency on my IP4 (B3). Notification center is a solid black, control center a solid light gray, and pretty much everywhere transparency should be, is solid.

(I've already checked the "Increase Contrast" option under Accessibility, and it's off.)

Oh well. At this point I see no purpose in upgrading to iOS7 for those still on an IP4. Very few new features are supported, including most of the brand new UI.

5. nalk7 macrumors regular

It's been slowly improving with every beta update. On B1 there was no transparency, B2 added dock transparency, B3 added spotlight translucency and dark translucency on the lock pad, don't worry I'm sure the final version will be transparent.

Cheers