Beta4 Unable to check for update, anyone else?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by GadgetGeek407, Jul 29, 2013.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

This happened on beta 3 for me for like 5 days and I finally did a manual install. is this the same issue for others on beta4?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Experienced the same thing with beta 3, and now it looks like with beta 4 as well, unfortunately.

3. Ocellaris macrumors newbie

Information about your carrier, device, and what errors (if any) you get would be helpful.

4. nas2344 macrumors member

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Nope, multiple resets, turning the phone off and then on after some time, going into airplane mode and then coming out of it, disabling Wi-Fi, disabling LTE, etc., none of that would get it going.

----------

Generally the error would be not able to contact update server and to try again essentially, except it would be like that for days, so it's not related to servers being overloaded or anything like that. And it doesn't seem to be device/carrier related as people would often post the same device and carrier combinations in various threads mentioning they are downloading the update OTA or recently updated OTA without issues.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

same for me on my ipad. it was the same thing for beta 3 too. i had to download the ipsw in order to update. it refused to do so OTA.

7. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

FWIW iphone 5 att 32gb black here....can anyone pm me link for ipsw please?

8. brettnussb macrumors newbie

My phone over the past few weeks would have the "Unable to Check for Update" error instead of showing my phone was up to date. However, after Beta 4 was released this afternoon, it updated as it should and no issues.

9. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

my phone showed the same error when I tried to go from beta 2 to 3, finally did a manual update, after beta3 it showed software is up to date, and now shows unable to check for update again.

10. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I am going to manually install again but will this be a constant issue now on the other two beta releases?

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't think anyone will know, especially since most don't experience the issue.

12. puercaeli macrumors regular

Seems like a device specific issue.., may be

I had similar problem with beta 3 and now with beta 4.

Funny thing is my iPhone 4 does not have this problem weird...