Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
Hi there guys.

I am on a iPhone 6s Plus and everything is working well, my sister is on a iPhone 6s and her bubble effects are not working. She can not receive them (except for the hidden one) and cannot send them (hard and long pressing the send button does not do anything).

Is there something of a workaround for this? A friend of mine had the same issue but there it fixed it self for some strange reason.

We already did a reset, reboot, closing the app, waiting a couple of days (she was on beta 4 before).

Someone a great tip?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi there guys.

I am on a iPhone 6s Plus and everything is working well, my sister is on a iPhone 6s and her bubble effects are not working. She can not receive them (except for the hidden one) and cannot send them (hard and long pressing the send button does not do anything).

Is there something of a workaround for this? A friend of mine had the same issue but there it fixed it self for some strange reason.

We already did a reset, reboot, closing the app, waiting a couple of days (she was on beta 4 before).

Someone a great tip?

Silly question but have you tried to disabling and then enabling iMessage on her phone?

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
Disabled iMessage. But does not work.

@lagwagon Thnx for reply but it does not work

Edit: My siter just confirms that after this and a reboot it works. Thnx!!

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
has the bubble and full-screen effects disappeared in iMessage for others as I just noticed it is gone in beta 5

npenelope

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
has the bubble and full-screen effects disappeared in iMessage for others as I just noticed it is gone in beta 5
I had this problem in beta 4, and apparently turning on reduce motion will not let you use the bubble and full-screen effects in iMessage, so you should turn off reduce motion if you have it on

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
I had this problem in beta 4, and apparently turning on reduce motion will not let you use the bubble and full-screen effects in iMessage, so you should turn off reduce motion if you have it on
That was it...THANKSS

CanadianOwl92

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks lagwagon. I have been looking for this everywhere. It's a little annoying that the price of accessing the effects in iOS 10 is allowing the parallax effect. I hope at some point that they are able to separate these two items.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks lagwagon. I have been looking for this everywhere. It's a little annoying that the price of accessing the effects in iOS 10 is allowing the parallax effect. I hope at some point that they are able to separate these two items.

Do you mean the parallax effect for wallpapers on the Home screen? That is seperate. Change the wallpaper to "Still" instead of "Perspective"

Seems normal or logical to me that if someone is using the Accessibility option of Reduce Motion (which is meant as a disability thing and not a "animations are too slow for my personal liking, get with it Apple" thing) that it also removes the ability to animate messages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.