Better Battery Life, and new 3G icon??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by umdjb, Sep 13, 2008.

1. umdjb macrumors regular

Does anyone know what Apple did to improve the battery life? I noticed the 3G icon is different, and turns blue when you open an application that uses a data connection and then goes "blank" when you are in the home screen.

Anyone else notice this, or know any other batter improvement measures Apple has taken??

2. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

it seemed like the operating system was hogging the battery in the last update and in this update it seems they've just changed around a few things so that the os doesn't drain the battery. W.e they did, i love it :D

3. trixnrice macrumors member

haven't really noticed too much improvement in battery life over the last 24-30 hours of iphone usage ever since i updated to 2.1 firmware. With 2.0.2 i was getting about 9 hours usage, 12 hour standby with 20% battery left; basically a full day's use from waking up to going to sleep. same thing amount of usage in the last 24 hours. similar outcome, between firmware. gonna be testing this out within the next week. i'll post screen pics and comparisons later. but as above poster stated, tweaks in the os, eliminated memory leaks from apps etc. but yea, good luck!