Better Battery Life In Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Simon 5000, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Simon 5000 macrumors member

Any chance we'll be seeing a slight increase in battery life with the release of Snow Leopard?

Upgrading from my old Toshiba with 1 1/2hrs battery life, I love being able to take the computer all around the house and just docking it before I go to sleep without worrying about charge during the day, and with all the new speed increases in Snow Leopard, I'd love to get even more battery, even 15mins would be great.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I guess anything's possible, but the new integrated batteries are really good. I got 9 hours out of mine yesterday. Compared to that, I wouldn't even notice anything less than significant improvement.

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Simon 5000, upgrading to any MacBook Pro will definitely give you a realistic 3-4 1/2 hours use on your Mac with normal/moderate usage. With light usage (light internet, iChat) will yield 4 1/2 to 6 hours.

I doubt Snow Leopard gives better battery life or Apple would have advertised it by now. But either way, the upgrade from your Toshiba will give noticeable battery life improvement.