Better battery life with 2.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotobadger, Aug 5, 2008.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I'm only on my first charge but my battery life seems to have improved significantly with the 2.0.1 upgrade. If Apple fixed the battery calibration issue I'm really happy.

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I was thinking this, and I went to check but of course I had to restart my phone because an App froze so I was unable to check my battery meter. Hopefully this is true though.

3. lesliegolf macrumors regular

Thank you!

I thought it was just me. Now, maybe it will just be "us"

I beat the phone up much more than usual today and never hit a warning.

4. msprouls macrumors member

msprouls

I was hoping 2.0.1 would fix the battery life issue, and it did on mine also.

2.0.0 was draining my battery twice as fast as normal

5. GreenLightJerky macrumors member

I have experienced the exact opposite. After the update, today I got about 50% or less than normal.
    I only made it half a day, so I drained the batt the last 10% till it powered down.
    I just took it off the charger. So We'll see later.

6. M Powered macrumors regular

mine is kinda scary high. Been using my phone longer than normal today and it still shows a full charge... Where normally it would be down to like 40% remaining...

I'm just afraid out of the blue it dies... Because the battery is reading incorrectly.

But I'm PRAYING that apple fixed the battery life and my meter is accurate.

*EDIT*

Just reset my iPhone because of unholy battery life. Sure enough, once the phone came back on I was in the RED @ less than 20%!!! Thanks apple. Had I not reset my iPhone I probably would have end up returning my phone!!

7. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Those experiencing better battery life, can you share your settings (what you have on: WiFi, 3G, GPS, etc)?

8. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

mine seems to be better as well..

I've had around 1 hr and 40 minutes of usage.. including some 3G calling, some music, some texting, and a bit of web surfing and I'm sitting at around 80% battery.

I've had 3G, GPS, Wifi (ask to join networks is off), push e-mail enabled for exchange and mobileme (mail check is set to manual), brightness set to 50%, autobrightness is off.

9. n8236 macrumors 65816

I can also say the same that I "feel" the battery life has gotten better. Now only that they fix the damn App Store updates, ugh! :apple:

10. dranakin macrumors 6502

11. owaters macrumors member

I charged my phone yesterday around 9pm and have sent a few SMS', checked weather and emails then it's been on standby for the past 8hrs and it's still full! Huge improvement, if not too good to be true!

With 2.0.0 my battery would be 25% full dead after 6hrs with a bit of talktime and browsing - no more than 1hr total.

12. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

same here

13. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

I have the feeling it has improved slightly. But that's not very scientific actually.

Yesterday was my 5th day with my black iphone so it might just be that the battery is finally holding more power after a few charge discharge cycles

Stats:

Phone calls: about 1 hour
    Facebook/Safari: about 1 hour while on the bus
    GPS: used it for like 10 minutes (I had downloaded HereIam)
    iPod: 4 hours+
    Standby since full recharge: about 11 hours.

I think it was great. Even had to force it to discharge by using AOL radio with the screen permanently on.

14. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

ive actually found that mine can now charge about twice as fast with the same or slightly improved battery life - wow

15. Ori macrumors 6502

I'm not actually sure yet. I have to reset every so often so that the contact lag disappears. I won't do it today and I did a full discharge last night so its had a full 7 hour charge from the wall over night so lets see how it does today.

The contact lag seems to have vanished when I first updated and now it's back. Only goes away after a reset. It's probably the most fustrating bug on the phone!

16. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Quite possibly.. yeah

17. dixieD macrumors newbie

The battery performance on my phone has improved. It was already good with WiFi, push, 3G, and location services off, except when I am actually using them.

The one thing I noticed with 2.0.1 is that the usage time seems to be more accurately reported. Before the upgrade my phone would seem to accumulate extra usage when it was in fact idle, or at an amount greater than just downloading the several emails I get every 30min.

Currently I am showing 2hr 7min usage, with 23hrs 15min standby, and I have about 80% remaining. Granted I did not use the phone much yesterday, but I must say I am presently happy with the battery performance.

18. atlken77 macrumors member

I had found mine to be about 10% worse -- I got my warning while still @ work, and usually I can make it a few hours after ward...I had to go home and plug her up before I could run my errands

19. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.

same thing happened to me once where the charge didn't appear to go down. I found this strange and was impressed with my 'super charge' then it died... :(

20. VPofIT macrumors newbie

VPofIT

My battery life was worse as well... It worked ok yesterday with the 2.0.1 update but the battery life was horrible and I had 3g and gps services turned off!

Then I woke up today to a message on my screen that says "repair needed"... I wonder if the 2.0.1 update has anything to do with it...

21. M Powered macrumors regular

did it work after you charged it?