Better battery life?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ct2k7, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ct2k7 macrumors 603

Has anyone here experienced better battery life with Lion vs Snow Leopard?

2. celticpride678

3. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

You can't base the battery life of an OS off its beta, things are optimized worth **** in Lion right now, so we won't know for sure until release.

4. celticpride678

That might have been the case with dev preview 1-3, but dev preview 4 is near final release. Things are pretty much optimized.

5. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

From what I saw using it, there is still plenty of work to be done on all fronts.

6. Heston macrumors regular

Oh man....if DP4 is the extent of optimization and even 80% of what I'm supposed to look forward to, I'm wiping my drive clean and reinstalling Snow Leopard until they get their act together. I can't tell you how annoying it is to not be able to connect to the school network now or be able to use Flash based programs (pathoma.com - not sure why it doesn't work, but it worked fine before).

I've been using Windows 7 since I stupidly installed Lion on without making a separate partition. Live and learn....

7. celticpride678

Like what? If you don't report the issues to Apple, then they will never get resolved.

8. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

You should never install a new apple OS until at least the .4 update (ex. 10.7.4).
    By then all major bugs should be gone and you will have a nice stable OS.

9. LoganT macrumors 68020

Well I'm a badass so I install .0 releases.

10. Heston macrumors regular

I'm such a badass that I still use Windows Millennium and find it the greatest computing experience since GeoWorks

11. mrfoof82 macrumors 6502a

This is why Lion is a developer beta, and not intended for public consumption. It's for developers to test their apps, and to play with the new features in Lion. Not for random people to play with.

12. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Same. 10.6 was pretty good for the most part, only problem was with Adobe CS but that was small. I guess it's because it was nothing more than a refinement of 10.5 but still solid nonetheless. Still haven't decided if I want to move to Lion because the new feature set don't really excite me but if I do decide to, I'll most likely install on day one.

13. LoganT macrumors 68020

You could probably run Snow Leopard in VMWare Fusion or Parallels if you needed to.

14. jjatie macrumors newbie

I find on days were I'm just doing basic browsing and mail tasks, I do get better battery life. I don't see a lot of areas were OS X itself can improve on power consumption, but Safari 5 definitely, and does seem to be better, as does the new Mail. Lion as introduced a lot of ways that developers can better, and more easily manage power consumption, so I feel it will be an app, by app basis that will determine battery life (as it already does for the most part).