Better battery on 4.2 than 4.1??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LevMac, Nov 19, 2010.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey guys for the people who have been running iOS 4.2 have you noticed better battery life?

Since upgrading my iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 my battery life has been terrible, dropping almost 1% per minute!

I have been given the option to swap it out at genius bar but I bought my phone brand new and don't want a "refurbished" phone as a replacement so I'm waiting for 4.2 release to see if it hopefully fixes the battery drain I'm having!

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

its not likely that it will magically fix your phone. Have you restored as a new phone? Sometimes that helps.

Anyway, there is no known battery issues with the official 4.1 software. Therefore, no fix for said issues will likely be a part of 4.2.

I wouldn't worry about getting a refurbished phone. Half of the time they're brand new and otherwise, they still come with the same warranty. I would just inspect it and not settle for a phone that has ANY cosmetic damage. Even the slightest scratch. If you get one without that, whats the difference?

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

4. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Thanks for the replies guys,

Yeah I guess your right, the lady from Apple did tell me that the casing is brand new anyway, I think I will go ahead and try a replacement and hope that the battery is better !!

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

iPhone 4 4.0 had great battery life. 4.1 dropped a little bit, 4.2 was pretty good, 4.2.1 much better than 4.1, I think better than 4.0.

6. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Finally someone who agree's ! :)

Yes, 4.0 has great battery life as my battery was fine up until for some reason I upgraded to 4.1 I could see my percentage metre drop 1% almost every minute !

So obviously you are running 4.2.1 and notice the battery life has improved ?

7. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Batt life is improved in 4.2/4.2.1 At 8pm yesterday i was still at 76% after disconnecting from the charger at 10AM. I had skype running in the background for majority of the day, some games were played, iPod used, calls and texts etc. Granted i was mostly on WiFi and push notifications were off but still in 4.1 i'd have been down to just under 50%.

8. andrewfz macrumors newbie