Better bluetooth mouse than the Magic one

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamesraward, Jan 16, 2010.

1. jamesraward macrumors regular

jamesraward

Ok, the Magic mouse is nice, it's pretty, it's got great scrolling features and it's bluetooth.

But after a few days of using it all day it's a pain. The ergonomics are not ideal, nowhere near as comfortable as my Logitech gaming mouse (can't remember the name) and my wrist hurts.

What is out there that is a good bluetooth mouse? They all seem a bit wishywashy to me, and the MS one I tried had dreadful latency that really bothers me.

Any suggestions?

2. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

And you had to buy it to realize it wasn't ergonomic? After seeing it I could tell it wouldn't be. It took 30 seconds of using at the Apple store to confirm that. Anyway, the Logitech V470 isn't bad if you can get it for around $30. It's sort of small though.

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

I love my Logitech MX Revolution. I'm firmly in the camp of "Apple Hasn't Ever Released a Useable Mouse."

4. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I've tried almost every mouse on the market ... the best is the (usb) Logitech Anywhere Mouse, MX Revolution and the Logitech Bluetooth 470

5. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

It's a good, cheap mouse (the V470), but it is laggy.

6. turugara macrumors regular

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I second the Anywhere MX. The MX Revolution costs about the same and the Anywhere MX is similar but has Darkfield.

8. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

MX Anywhere is a laptop mouse with Darkfield Tech
    MX Performance is the full sized mouse with Darkfield Tech
    MX Revolution is a full sized mouse withOUT Darkfield Tech and discontinued

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/&cl=us,en

9. jonpwnz macrumors member

jonpwnz

Have you looked into a Razer mouse? They just came out with a new bluetooth mouse called the Orochi. It's a really amazing mouse.

10. csdibiase macrumors member

I love the logitech mice, and an MX and VX for dell I live on at work (MX for the dock VX when I'm anywhere else) Downside is neither are bluetooth. Logitech doesn't seem to care for blue tooth mice that much.

Anyway I've been using a Microsoft Notebook Presenter 8000 for about a year on with my netbook... I'm planning on using it with the MBP I'm wainting impatiently to buy heh, so I can't attest to how well it works in OSX. Might be an option if you have need of presentation controls. (again can't say how well they would work in keynote, but they work great in powerpoint). In either case it makes an excellent bluetooth mouse.

11. DivineEvil macrumors regular

I own the v470... It's a great mouse. It has a total of 5 button + wheel. It's ergonomic middle size with left-hand support. When you wake the mouse there is a little but of lag, but after that it's fine. I have some occasional problems establishing connection, but I think that is just Windows....

P.S got it for 25$ from ebay

12. jamesraward thread starter macrumors regular

jamesraward

I had a Logitech MX Revolution and it was ace, sold it after I got the magic mouse as I wanted a bt one but am thinking that the sacrifice wasn't really worth it.

I got sucked in to the hype on the day they were released (happened to be in the apple store getting my macbook repaired) and I've used it for a while now, and it was ok when it was just time-to-time, but now it's a pain in the arse.

It's a shame that none of the bluetooth logitech mice on the website are the good ones though... all I'm seeing is the M555b and the v470 which both look a bit average.

13. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

You sold an MX Rev for a Magic Mouse? I had to shed a tear :(

14. jamesraward thread starter macrumors regular

jamesraward

I too shed a tear now :(

But I'm going to get an Anywhere MX now I think, though I'm using a desk far more now so I might get the full size version.

MM is definitely going though, it's on Amazon now and, although I'll miss the innovative scrolling top, I don't think I'll miss my wrist ache.

Tell a lie, it was the VX Nano that I sold.

15. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

The MX is the way, I've had mine 2 years and take it everywhere!

16. jamesraward thread starter macrumors regular

jamesraward

SOLD - if I need one to take around with me I'll get one.

17. fatgorilla macrumors newbie

It worries me that by the end of the year there won't be any more MX Revolution mice left in the market. Its the best damn mouse I've ever used. Better than its newer counterpart.

18. jamesraward thread starter macrumors regular

jamesraward

How come? I would've thought the newer optics would make it a slightly better mouse? Though it doesn't have that thumb wheel.

19. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Contrary to popular belief in this thread, I love my Magic Mouse. I find it more ergonomic than my Razor attached to my gaming pc. You do have to hold it differently than a traditional mouse, took about minutes or less to get used to it.

My wrist will hurt worse and far sooner using my razor for any comparable activity I conduct on my MBP with my MM.

20. helix21 macrumors regular

Logitech Nano series. MX revolution is top range and just brilliant to say the least. The best and most ergonomic mouse I have used.

21. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

The M705 Marathon Mouse is the next mouse I am going to try once realized on more than just Logitech's website.
    And while it does not have darkfield technology, the battery life is suppose to be close to three years, and it does include the nano receiver. It also is larger than the anywhere mx, but quite a bit smaller than the Revolution, 1100, Performance Mice.
    From pictures, it appears to be the next generation of the VX Revolution.

22. RqThrottle macrumors member

I just got a MS 5000 ($25 on eBay) and it is a fantastic mouse.

23. OakIris macrumors newbie

I currently use the MS Wireless Laser 6000 mouse and I like it, but don't like having the USB dongle sticking out of the port. I, too, am in the market for a blue tooth mouse to avoid having to use an external receiver. I have an older MacBook Pro - 2006, 1st generation Intel, I believe - so don't really intend to do any gaming :( but I am intrigued by the Orochi - looks really nice, anyway! Here is a review I read: http://applereviews.com/razer-orochi-review/

How long have you had your Orochi, jonpwnz? Is it good for non-gaming apps/browsing/etc. as well? Any noticeable (annoying) problems with lag?

Holly

24. jamesraward thread starter macrumors regular

jamesraward

Sold the MM, getting the BT Performance mouse (splashed out)

If BT is going to be this much hassle I'll stick with the RF, which is a shame, but ho hum

Also, I used my colleague's MS bt mouse and it was horribly laggy, is this normal?

25. RqThrottle macrumors member

the MS5000 I have works flawlessly, so I am guessing it is not normal.

There is just a half second reconnection "lag" if the mouse is sleeping. Most do that.