Better bluetooth settings?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bjerkins, Dec 28, 2010.

1. bjerkins macrumors member

Hi!

Is there a tweak for the iPhone that allows you to have a little more option when connecting to bluetooth devices, like entering passwords and such?

I'm currently having problem with my Sennheiser MM 400 headset. My iPhone doesn't ask for password when connecting to it so I thought the connection between the devices might be limited. The music stutters if there is something between the headsets and the phone.

Thanks

2. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

If your phone is jailbroken you could try a tweek called Music Controls Pro. Its one of the more expensive tweaks at 5.99 but it has a 5 day free trial so you can see if it works for you first.

My friend ended up having better bluetooth controils, I didnt.

The best part of that tweek is that when youre listinging to pretty much any music player you get a big easy swipe controil when you double click the home button, way easier to use while driving, especually if you use tom tom

May as well give it a free try. Let us know how it works out for you

3. labman, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010

labman macrumors 604

labman

I have music Controls Pro and love the app. Dev updates regularly and it has tones of features. I think it's worth the $6 I upgraded from the original Music Controls version. However the App has nothing to do with Bluetooth at least not like the OP is asking. my Ihone ask for a password when I 1st sync it after that it recognizes the device. should sync every time try another bluetooth device see if it's better. but do try Music Controls Pro here is a run down what it does.

http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/music-controls-pro-expand-controls-music-apps

4. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I like it a lot, if nothing else the ability to swipe to change tracks makes tom tom a lot safer for me to use.

It did have an effect on my bluetooth even if it was not intended, the effect for me was that I was no longer able to use the BT headset to skip tracks where I could before, by friend had the exact opposite effect and gained the functionality.

I know this is not exactly what the OP is asking for but hopefully it will help, expanded bluetooth functionality is one of the things advertised for this tweak. If not then at least he will have found an awesome tweak.

5. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I have to admit it is kinda funny that being in a world where most all apps are under 2.00 suddenly 6.00 seems like a lot of money. Its still about the cost of a cheese burger and adds impressive functionality to my most used devise.

That being said even 1.00 adds up over time. I figured it out once and I had spent somewhere around 60.00 in cydia and 150.00 in appstore apps.

I may have went just a little bit overboard :p

6. bjerkins thread starter macrumors member

I've been trying Music Controls Pro and it doesn't help me with my connection issues, although it is a cool tweak.

I tried the headphones with Nokia 5800 and there were no stuttering or connection issues. Anyone have a clue what I can do?